Detectorists - Series 2

Nice bit of comedy drama; enjoyable, even with the inclusion of a little too much banjo music. The Danebury Metal Detectorists' Club reminded me of a strange group I'm a member of. I particularly liked the man with a beard.

Indeed, his scratching of his nuts while effusing about appearing more "professional" was highly amusing!

Quote: gb901 @ 30th October 2015, 8:32 PM GMT

Indeed, his scratching of his nuts while effusing about appearing more "professional" was highly amusing!

I didn't pick up on that one!

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 30th October 2015, 8:48 PM GMT

I didn't pick up on that one!

Not wanting to correct your grammar, but shouldn't it be:

I didn't pick up on either of those! :P

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 30th October 2015, 8:50 PM GMT

Not wanting to correct your grammar, but shouldn't it be:

I didn't pick up on either of those! :P

:)

I too noticed a little inappropriate touching there.
What was highly appropriate however was an appearance of Rachael Sirling's mother in real life. The legendary Diana Rigg.
Thoroughly enjoyable and so well written. :)

I have to admit, that although I didn't laugh out loud during the first series, I still found that I was hooked. I think it's because it's so subtle and endearing and I still found it very enjoyable. It felt like an insight into the lives of these underdogs without the set up of various situations like the normal sitcom.

Watching the first episode of the second series I was drawn in again although I did think this episode had some strong gags. The end credits came as a surprise as I was so drawn in and I was disappointed it was the end.

Where is it filmed? It's a nice part of the world. Wouldn't mind visiting.

I'm looking forward to watching the rest.

Quote: Grumpy Young Bloke @ 1st November 2015, 9:36 PM GMT

I have to admit, that although I didn't laugh out loud during the first series, I still found that I was hooked. I think it's because it's so subtle and endearing and I still found it very enjoyable. It felt like an insight into the lives of these underdogs without the set up of various situations like the normal sitcom.

Watching the first episode of the second series I was drawn in again although I did think this episode had some strong gags. The end credits came as a surprise as I was so drawn in and I was disappointed it was the end.

Where is it filmed? It's a nice part of the world. Wouldn't mind visiting.

I'm looking forward to watching the rest.

It's East Anglia; home of many BCGers. I reckon that it's Suffolk, hence why it's so rural.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 1st November 2015, 9:49 PM GMT

It's East Anglia; home of many BCGers. I reckon that it's Suffolk, hence why it's so rural.

Update: IMDB states Framlington and Ipswich.

I'll probably pick this up on DVD as I enjoyed the first series but I just can't give as much time as I used to, to watch it on a schedule.

Becky is really pisding me off this series with her prepossession with upping sticks and going to Africa with the vsa: she's got a baby for gods sake!

People don't always settle down just because they have children. That Diana Rigg, for instance?

Loving the Simon & Garfunkel song title references

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 7th November 2015, 4:00 PM GMT

People don't always settle down just because they have children. That Diana Rigg, for instance?

But they don't f**k off to Timbuktu with a newborn baby just because they're having a midlife crisis!

Just caught the first ep. I do love its blend of gentle passive-aggressive comedy and fantastic scenery.

The whole BOAT/Bit Off A Tractor, POACH/Part Of A Combine Harvester bit was funny.