The Kennedys - Series 1

No thread about it yet? I quite liked the first episode.

Except... I couldn't shake the feeling that I'm watching a gender-swapped mirror universe version of Moone Boy. Now admittedly, most family sitcoms have their similarities, but these two shows are almost eerily similar.

Having another The IT Crowd alumnus in a major role drives it home. I wonder if ITV are contacting Richard Ayoade right now. Or perhaps Channel 4 are talking to Matt Berry?

I think it's better than Mrs. Brown's Boys.

Sorry. Cheap dig. I thought it was great. I look forward to the next episode. Great cast, all round.

I'll have to check it out

I liked it.
The book it was all inspired by is hilarious. Even if you don't like the show you should check the book out.

See Amazon product listing

I liked it too. The chemistry between the actors was great, well it ought to be as Katherine Parkinson's real-life husband Harry 'Ray Purchase' Peacock was playing her neighbour.

I shall also check out the book.

Thanks for the tip zooo - I'm mad for funny books

I love this series. It's very, very funny.

Is it repeated at all?

No. You'll need to head to iPlayer.

Quote: Aaron @ 7th October 2015, 11:42 PM BST

No. You'll need to head to iPlayer.

Strange because they seem to have repeats of other things like Cradle to Grave and Boy Meets Girl.

I was a bit lukewarm about 'Cradle to Grave' after the first episode, but quickly came to love it...this I struggled to even get through the first episode, don't think I'll be watching a second. But I'm struggling to think of the last BBC1 sitcom I did enjoy (Miranda doesn't count).

This sitcom is so good. Already in my Top 5 shows of the year.

Quote: Chappers @ 7th October 2015, 11:41 PM BST

Is it repeated at all?

Yes, it all happened 40 years ago.

It's amusing enough, I suppose, and there have certainly been far worse programmes broadcast in the name of comedy but I can't help feeling sorry for all the currently-unknown comedy writers whose new and original offerings have been binned in order that Emma's book be televised.

She didn't ask that it be televised: she didn't even suggest that someone might like to televise it. She was just going about her normal everyday life when one of her friends at the BBC (she has several) suddenly had the idea of televising her amusing musings.

Jobs for the boys, again - or, in this case, the girls.

Four episodes in and it's my sitcom of the year.