Why are they scheduling loads of 1970s programmes?

There seem to be quite a few at the moment - for example: Danny Baker's Cradle To Grave, Lenny Henry's Danny And The Human Zoo and now Emma Kennedy's The Kennedys. Call me cynical, but isn't that a bit too much 1970s nostalgia to swallow? Mr TBN (who's older than me) plus my parents, who despite everything used to cut one another's hair during the three day week, don't agree that it was a particularly golden age to live through?

Well it is the BBC they're supposed to be impartial and they've already shown the horrors of seventies TV with the track suited monster, King, hall and Harris so to balance things out they have to show all the light fluffy stuff...........what? To soon?

I can only assume it's a coincidence!

Or it's the zeitgeist.
Or something.

Maybe it's something the BBC want to re-market?

In the 70s my mum made me wear silly trousers

Strange isn't it? I am going to write something about the 1980s now.

1990s? Pogs and Acid House?

POGS.

I think it's just a coincidence. But certainly a slightly unfortunate one in terms of diversity in the schedules. Something to be avoided much more than the oft-quoted "sorry, we've already got a sitcom about a woman" type response, one would've thought.

It does seem a bit strange though. You'd think they would spread them out a bit wouldn't you?

I haven't seen the (Mawkish radio) Emma Kenndy one yet though.

Quote: Aaron @ 3rd October 2015, 5:29 PM BST

POGS.

Do you talk of TARDISes and LASERs?

TARDIS, yes. Although I rarely talk of them at all. Had no idea 'pog' was an acronym though; I was repeating it in enthusiasm.

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd October 2015, 8:00 PM BST

It does seem a bit strange though. You'd think they would spread them out a bit wouldn't you?

Not quite sure if I'm much of an EK fan. She's an Oxford chum of Richard Herring isn't she and pops up in one of his books? I liked her in 'The Smoking Room'.

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd October 2015, 8:00 PM BST

SHE'S NOT MAWKISH!!!!

My friend always mistakes Rosie Cavaliero for Emma Kennedy. When I correct him he looks really confused. I'm convinced he thinks everything Rosie Cavaliero has done was actually Emma Kennedy.

Quote: lofthouse @ 3rd October 2015, 10:23 PM BST

SHE'S NOT MAWKISH!!!!

She kind of is. A bit.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 3rd October 2015, 10:28 PM BST

My friend always mistakes Rosie Cavaliero for Emma Kennedy. When I correct him he looks really confused. I'm convinced he thinks everything Rosie Cavaliero has done was actually Emma Kennedy.

They are a little alike. That said, I oft confuse Bradley Walsh and Brian Conley.