Roadside Assistance.

I am thinking of using Green Flag - is anyone with them, or what are all the others like?

Only ever been with the RAC and despite my comments in 'what pisses you off' they have been very good.
I have actually only used them twice in 20 years but they were brilliant both times.
First time was when a woman ran in to the back of me at traffic lights - silly cow was putting her make-up on. She punctured both my back tyres and smashed the back of my car and windows in.
They took me to a garage where I was given a courtesy car while they fixed it.

Second time was when everything cut out on the motorway. Engine stopped, electronic display went dead and I was lucky that I could coast onto the hard shoulder. They towed me all the way home (about 100 miles) and he advised me it was a known problem (an electronic card) and how to replace it. He took me to a dealers on the way and I bought the part. He fitted it when I got home.

See my other reply. Yes - good!

Quote: Chappers @ 4th September 2015, 5:35 PM BST

See my other reply. Yes - good!

That's the one for me then. :)

How many miles does the average UK driver cover in a year? I'm surprised that people would need a roadside assistance plan. I've probably driven at least half a million miles and I've had two flat tires and one instance where my vehicle stopped running (broken timing belt.)

Quote: DaButt @ 4th September 2015, 6:48 PM BST

How many miles does the average UK driver cover in a year? I'm surprised that people would need a roadside assistance plan. I've probably driven at least half a million miles and I've had two flat tires and one instance where my vehicle stopped running (broken timing belt.)

For a hunk like yourself maybe it's no issue but for those drivers in mini-skirt and skimpy blouse then of course there are certain considerations such as what if I break down late at night on a deserted bit of road? Thus Hercules may be concerned accordingly... Huh?

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 4th September 2015, 7:21 PM BST

For a hunk like yourself maybe it's no issue but for those drivers in mini-skirt and skimpy blouse then of course there are certain considerations such as what if I break down late at night on a deserted bit of road? Thus Hercules may be concerned accordingly... Huh?

:O Do you mind! Hot pants and boob tube - a "lady" likes to look nice when "she" is out on the razzle. I remember you were quite happy to fork out £20 for that good time you naughty boy. :P

Quote: DaButt @ 4th September 2015, 6:48 PM BST

Mileage doesn't always come into it, as you will find out when you become an old fart like me. It never occurred to me when I was younger, but now what with possible heart problems and hip pain, I now need someone to maybe even change the wheel on the car if I was stuck on say a motorway.
Having now retired I do very little driving, but roadside assistance would be invaluable.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th September 2015, 10:23 PM BST

Mileage doesn't always come into it, as you will find out when you become an old fart like me. It never occurred to me when I was younger, but now what with possible heart problems and hip pain, I now need someone to maybe even change the wheel on the car if I was stuck on say a motorway.
Having now retired I do very little driving, but roadside assistance would be invaluable.

You're right Herc and in my case I also need bedside assistance from my butler re (for example) bending down to get the 'en suite' positioned; and in the bathroom he has to squeeze the toothpaste when the tube is getting towards the end as I just can't manage it. The perils of turning ..er.. 40 or so.. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 5th September 2015, 7:47 PM BST

I also need bedside assistance from my butler - in the bathroom he has to squeeze the toothpaste

You are Prince Charles and I claim my £5.