Non-comedy shows

Forgive me if there is a thread like this already.

Comedians often appear on other types of shows but we rarely give these appearances a mention so I thought a thread dedicated to such things would be helpful to see who is doing what and where and when.

Last week on The Cube, Katherine Ryan was a contestant and last night saw Rufus Hound and Rob Beckett try there hand at it.

Jo Brand is hosting the Bake-Off's Extra Slice and this past week had Hal Cruttenden as a guest. Mel & Sue, of course, host The Great British Bake-Off itself.

Katherine Ryan just finished a run as the host of Hair.

Mark Williams is now the presenter on The Link and of course you have Alexander Armstrong hosting Pointless.

Adam Hills is the host of 15 to 1 and this week saw Sean Lock, Bill Oddie, Joe Lycett and Hugh Dennis among the contestants.

Quote: Woozie @ 9th August 2015, 11:45 AM BST

Forgive me if there is a thread like this already.

Comedians often appear on other types of shows but we rarely give these appearances a mention so I thought a thread dedicated to such things would be helpful to see who is doing what and where and when.

Last week on The Cube, Katherine Ryan was a contestant and last night saw Rufus Hound and Rob Beckett try there hand at it.

Jo Brand is hosting the Bake-Off's Extra Slice and this past week had Hal Cruttenden as a guest.

Mark Williams is now the presenter on The Link.

Adam Hills is the host of 15 to 1 and this week saw Sean Locke, Bill Oddie, Joe Lycett and Hugh Dennis among the contestants.

I think that it's a great idea for a thread. I saw 15 to 1 with all of those comedians too - actually, I recall Frank Skinner doing pretty well in the last episode of the 'sleb' edition I saw Lovey

I've never heard of Fifteen to One before, never mind the celebrity version. Thanks for the heads up.

P.S. Ooh, Sally Phillips is on there as well!

Quote: Woozie @ 9th August 2015, 11:45 AM BST

Mel & Sue, of course, host The Great British Bake-Off itself.

I think that's to make it interesting.

Surprised you didn't pick him up on the "heads up" >_<

The One Show will be covering the Edinburgh Festival with live comedy via the red button over the next few days.

Pointless already has a thread, so someone seems to regard it as comedy!

Edinburgh Nights is on BBC2 at 11 and will showcase the lost episodes of Hancock's Half Hour among others.

Celebrity 15-To-1 will be contested by Dave Spikey, Meera Syal, Rebecca Front, Milton Jones, Vic Reeves, Russell Kane, Ed Byrne and Isy Suttie.

Quote: Woozie @ 14th August 2015, 12:30 PM BST

Edinburgh Nights is on BBC2 at 11 and will showcase the lost episodes of Hancock's Half Hour among others.

Celebrity 15-To-1 will be contested by Dave Spikey, Meera Syal, Rebecca Front, Milton Jones, Vic Reeves, Russell Kane, Ed Byrne and Isy Suttie.

That's only 8.

Milton Jones on a non-comedy show? That I've got to see.

I was only pointing out the comedic talent on 15-To-1, to be clear.

Roisin Conaty was a guest on The Great British Bake-Off Extra Slice tonight.

Jason Manford made an appearance in tonight's Ripper Street, surviving not even until the end of the first scene.

Peter Sellers is very good as a nasty gangster in Never Let Go (1960).
Richard Todd is also in it,worth looking out for.

Tomorrow (Sunday) night will see David Walliams on BBC 1 in his new drama, "Partners In Crime" and Julian Clary on ITV hosting "Nature Nuts" which I believe is a documentary.

Alan Davies is currently hosting a documentary series on Channel 5 entitled The Dog Rescuers.