BCG Fantasy Premier League 2015/16 Page 32

Third week in a row I've benched a scorer. Safe to say, I'm looking forward to next season already.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 26th November 2015, 1:07 AM GMT

Thus far there's only one stand-out Premier League player for me this season - Mahrez, who looks the biz, imo. It's a good comp this year. Everyone is still in with a shout - early doors and all that.

wb Stylee. I was a bit worried you'd kippered us.

I think Vardy's Da Man. (btw you can still get 25/1 on him to score 30 PL goals this season. I know you like a flutter.)

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 26th November 2015, 1:07 AM GMT

Has anyone noticed the insidious creepage of big lump holding midfielders? Pretty soon every PL team will have one.

Now look what you've done! Bastian's all upset. You've really hurt his feelings.

Even Ana can't quite believe it.

Joe Hart is proving to be one of my worst buys of the season. He's only kept two clean sheets since GW6 , and I had de Gea in goal both times anyway, and now he's injured. Sturridge has hurt his foot now too. Cometh the hour, cometh the man -

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 26th November 2015, 11:30 PM GMT

I see your boy did it again tonight.

Yes, I probably ought to buy him again soon. So many decisions...

Nearly bought him just before his Bournemouth hat-trick, but I was 100 grand short. Slim margins, eh!

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 26th November 2015, 11:49 PM GMT

Not sure about the 30 goals bet, but the anytime goalscorer odds for Saturday look tempting - Vardy will be up for setting the new record, his team will also be very up for Vardy to do it.. and any penalty to Leicester will surely go to Vardy.

Hmmm..

It's quite an intriguing fixture. You've got the fact that it's RVN's club, now managed by a fellow Dutchman, so there'll be an extra incentive to stop Vardy. United were on a very good run of not conceding goals in the PL, and it was only Rojo's idiotic challenge, giving away the penalty, that allowed Watford to score.

Rojo is an absolute liability, like Fazio used to be at Spurs. If he's playing, Leicester will be in a stronger position to score. Vardy looked in good form against Newcastle, and could have scored a hat-trick.

As for 30 goals, it seems possible. Kevin Phillips managed it. Obviously he needs to stay fit and not get injured, and likewise Mahrez, who is vital as a provider.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 27th November 2015, 12:29 AM GMT

It's a long season, but yes, it's possible. 25/1 is very nice, but I personally wouldn't go large on it.

To be honest, I hardly ever bet, and when I do, it's never more than £20-£30, and usually less. :)

Thanks lads, you've both made my mind up about giving the captaincy to Vardy this weekend. :)

Decisions, decisions.

Questions, questions.

I would like to bring Kane in but already have the three strikers Lukaku (who did so well for me last week), Vardy and Ighalo.

So, was going to sell Coutinho (injured) and Ighalo for Kane, but not sure - what do you long time servers in the FFL think?

Kane is in the Overall Dream Team, but not in Week 13 DT, whereas Ighalo is reverse of that; but does that count for much?

Will you help a relative new boy? :D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th November 2015, 9:08 AM GMT

Highest points in the Clique this week, which makes an effin' change AND gone from the bottom of the H2H to second in just three weeks. :D

And 22pts on the bench. Looks like this was the week to have bench-boosted.

That's not the saddest story in town though. Spare a thought for Ross who is not only languishing at the bottom of the table, but used his All out attack chip (the one that lets you play 2-5-3) the week before last, only to see his fifth mid unexpectedly benched for the whole game, leading to an automatic substitution of his third defender - meaning the chip was played and expired but completely un-used.

That's some serious bad luck. I'm getting the local kids to crayon a 'Give Ross his chip back banner'.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 27th November 2015, 12:40 PM GMT

And 22pts on the bench. Looks like this was the week to have bench-boosted.

Ennit always the way. Angry

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 27th November 2015, 4:30 PM GMT

I'm not a 'long-time server' - this is only my second season, but on paper I can't see how you can justify selling any of your front three, who have all been performing very well. I don't see why you don't just save a transfer this week - your squad looks well strong enough to cover the possible absence of Coutinho, with the reintroduction of Vardy in a 3-4-3 formation.

:D Thanks for that STT, most helpful..........AND I didn't realise you can save a transfer! So next week I could have two without the 4 point deduction then?

EDIT:-

OK, answered my own query............from the FPL site.

Transfers

•If I don't use my free transfer, do I get two the next Gameweek?

If you do not use your free transfer, you are able to make an additional free transfer the following Gameweek. If you do not use this saved free transfer in the following Gameweek, it will be carried over until you do. You can never have more than 1 saved transfer.

I'm going to save mine this week
But one of my Man City players is out next week.

Problem I have is that I support Liverpool so am always pessimistic about their chances, but they are starting to impress me this season which could give me a dilemma or even a trilemma

Yup, come to my senses - keeping Coutinho on the bench for now and Vardy on the pitch as captain, and save my free transfer.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th November 2015, 11:12 PM GMT

Yup, come to my senses - keeping Coutinho on the bench for now and Vardy on the pitch as captain, and save my free transfer.

What? Alright, don't go mad Missus! Oooh, she's such a trial.

:D