Active threads page

Why isn't this appearing?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/31923#P1129512

Because showcase and critique threads don't show in active threads.

Ah. :S Why? I'll have to repost then. Don't want people to miss this gem. :D

I assume it's because most forum users aren't comedy writers and don't use that area.

When they did used to appear in active threads I remember it could be quite annoying sifting through, when there was some competition on and twenty critique threads were on the go at once.

But I don't know that that's the actual reason.

Thank you. :)

You need to select "I'm a writer, stand-up, actor, producer or director" in the Make It section of your profile which you can edit here - https://www.comedy.co.uk/account/edit/

Oh yeah, I forgot about that bit!

Sometimes it's lucky you're here, Lee.

Quote: Lee @ 4th August 2015, 7:45 PM BST

You need to select "I'm a writer, stand-up, actor, producer or director" in the Make It section of your profile which you can edit here - https://www.comedy.co.uk/account/edit/

:O You have access to my secret files!

Quote: zooo @ 4th August 2015, 8:36 PM BST

Oh yeah, I forgot about that bit!

Sometimes it's lucky you're here, Lee.

:O Cool

Quote: zooo @ 4th August 2015, 6:06 PM BST

I assume it's because most forum users aren't comedy writers and don't use that area.

Why should we neccessarily want critique from a writer? Do you ever look at critique, zooo?

Nope.

You're right though, some non comedy writers could and should look at critique if they want to!

Sorry but I can't get my head around the new site. It;s a total load of crap. How are we supposed to comment on posts? Sorry but I can't stand it.

Bloody old people, just give it a chance! You were young once, you remember change being a positive thing!

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd August 2016, 11:26 PM

Sorry but I can't get my head around the new site. It;s a total load of crap. How are we supposed to comment on posts? Sorry but I can't stand it.

People are naturally resistant to change, whether it's a new logo, a grandparent having a sex-change operation, or a favourite website being upgraded.

When websites are upgraded to become more mobile-friendly, it is inevitable that some users (who access through a PC) will scream "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" and "this is crap!" and "you've made it worse!" and the like. In some cases, such complaints are justified, if a third-party halfwit coder/designer was brought in to re-jig a site and leaves it a clumsy mess of superfluous tiles and missing, non-migrated data. But the BCG Forums upgrade is fine. It seems to have been done with meticulous care and loving attention to drag the big dinosaur onto mobile platforms. Any glitches, bugs or defects will likely be ironed out if brought to the attention of Mark/Aaron.

There will always be a process of "familiarization" for veteran users. It can take days, weeks or even months to become happy and familiar with all aspects of a site upgrade. If the changes were badly planned and executed -- users may end up leaving a site/forum. But this morning (last night, my time), I just had to spend a moment looking for "Active Threads" and experimenting with the "search" options, and there seemed no cause for alarm. No worries.

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd August 2016, 11:26 PM

With you 100% on this one Chappers, and thinking can I really be arsed with it any more. Pity as it was a good site for all genres and ages, but seems to be now slanted to "youngsters" only.

Quote: Lee @ 4th August 2016, 12:40 AM

Bloody old people, just give it a chance! You were young once, you remember change being a positive thing!

Perhaps you'll be happier if we (Chappers et al) f**k off then.