Glastonbury 2015 Page 2

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th June 2015, 5:46 PM BST

Ha! Just seen our local storyteller and poet John Row in the Kidz Field. Know him quite well as he used to come to the gigs my band used to do in East Anglia.

What band was that, Herc? You weren't in The Higsons with Charlie, were you?

Catching up on Father John Misty now - comes across pretty well.

Switched over to The Maccabees. As usual, enjoy them at these kinds of events, but never taken it any further and listened to their albums. Might give them a try.

I think Paloma Faith is great. A mesmerising performer. You don't need to know her songs to enjoy her show.

On the other hand I'm a big fan of Burt Bacharach and his incredible back catalogue but it doesn't really work at somewhere like Glastonbury.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 27th June 2015, 7:56 PM BST

What band was that, Herc? You weren't in The Higsons with Charlie, were you?

I wasn't in it, I managed it. Seeds of Honour. Long gone now. :(

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th June 2015, 9:13 PM BST

I wasn't in it, I managed it. Seeds of Honour. Long gone now. :(

Tell us more. What type of music? Any records? Any of the members go on to other things?

What style of manager were you? Manage anyone else?

Checking out Spiritualized now. Promising. A bit strobey though. They seem quite an intense bunch, Man!

Quote: George Kaplan @ 27th June 2015, 9:32 PM BST

Tell us more. What type of music? Any records? Any of the members go on to other things?

What style of manager were you? Manage anyone else?

Sort of REM style. There was a CD made eventually after they split up!? But it is the one thing that is missing from the archive I put together.

One of the songs they wrote "Empty Room" was a dedication to John Lennon and I sent a copy of it to Yoko Ono in New York. Had a nice declining letter back from her office.

Can't remember what the name of the competition was now, but they won that with a suggestion that there would be a major gig supporting of all people REM on one of their tours over here, but nothing came of it.

Lot of clash of personalities, so it all got a bit messy in the end and they all drifted off their separate ways - shame 'cos they were good.

They called me their manager, and I suppose I was in a way although there was more roadie than anything else, but I did arrange gigs, publicity etc. When I first saw/met them they were totally acoustic so I arrange the usual amplification for them.

And no, that was my only foray into the "pop world". :D

Dear Kanye West,
No offence Mate but just f**k off.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th June 2015, 5:46 PM BST

Ha! Just seen our local storyteller and poet John Row in the Kidz Field. Know him quite well as he used to come to the gigs my band used to do in East Anglia.

Were you in The Wurzles, Herc?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th June 2015, 10:56 PM BST

Sort of REM style. There was a CD made eventually after they split up!? But it is the one thing that is missing from the archive I put together.

One of the songs they wrote "Empty Room" was a dedication to John Lennon and I sent a copy of it to Yoko Ono in New York. Had a nice declining letter back from her office.

Can't remember what the name of the competition was now, but they won that with a suggestion that there would be a major gig supporting of all people REM on one of their tours over here, but nothing came of it.

Lot of clash of personalities, so it all got a bit messy in the end and they all drifted off their separate ways - shame 'cos they were good.

They called me their manager, and I suppose I was in a way although there was more roadie than anything else, but I did arrange gigs, publicity etc. When I first saw/met them they were totally acoustic so I arrange the usual amplification for them.

And no, that was my only foray into the "pop world". :D

Sounds like interesting times, and that you've got some good material there if you ever wanted to write about it in more detail.

No updates then on any of the band members?

So there's a cd, but no records?

Patti Smith just started on the Pyramid. She was incredible when I saw her a couple of years ago.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 28th June 2015, 2:18 PM BST

Sounds like interesting times, and that you've got some good material there if you ever wanted to write about it in more detail.

No updates then on any of the band members?

So there's a cd, but no records?

It was a lot of fun and my then young teenage daughter thought her Dad was really cool. Cool

Sadly I have no idea where they all are now. :(

Yes, a CD but that's it.

Just the archive and numerous videos to look back on. :)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th June 2015, 3:57 PM BST

Sadly I have no idea where they all are now. :(

Slim chance of you organizing a Strange Fruit/Blues Bros type reunion then. :)

Canadian jangle pop outfit, Alvvays were new to me, and decent.

Death Cab For Cutie pretty good.

Goat in very good form - just finished.

Looking forward to FFS at 10.05, and Ryan Adams at 10.30.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 28th June 2015, 10:00 PM BST

Slim chance of you organizing a Strange Fruit/Blues Bros type reunion then. :)

Well with the archive (posters, videos, tapes, clothes they wore etc.) I thought one day one of them might surface, become famous and I could make a mint. Laughing out loud

The Waterboys were very good.

Quote: Will Cam @ 28th June 2015, 11:28 PM BST

The Waterboys were very good.

The bits I saw, they rocked pretty hard.

Ryan Adams on top form.

Chemical Bros now on in the background - hard to watch with all the flashing and strobes though.