Looking for writing partners

PM me

Well you could give us some idea of who or what you're looking for or even where.

pm me

I think that was Gordon Brown's autobiography?

Bro, that would sound great. I would love to.

No links like a boss.

im f 19 from Sheffield looking for writing partners for comedy sitcoms

Quote: elllz @ 23rd June 2015, 8:01 PM BST

comedy sitcoms

The best kind of sitcoms in my opinion.

funny

Quote: elllz @ 23rd June 2015, 6:01 PM BST

PM me

Seen the Doctor? We get all ages round here.

Thank you Rood Eye, the best laugh I've had in a while.

I've had several attempt at writing comedy, including a sitcom, and failed dismally. I don't give up ("pity" you all say) and am trying to write another book. Bloody hell it's hard work !!!

In any business, success comes through a combination of innate talent, hard work, good fortune and having sex with the right people.

For sitcom writers to achieve success, the most important factor is luck.

No matter how good you are, no matter how hard you work and no matter who you're bonking with, there are only so many 'broadcast hours' of newly-commissioned scripted sitcom on TV every week and, no matter where in the world you happen to live, that number of hours is minuscule compared with the number of people submitting scripts.

As the Americans say, do the math - and get a proper job.

okay well thanks for all the great advice.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 24th June 2015, 10:29 AM BST

In any business, success comes through a combination of innate talent, hard work, good fortune and having sex with the right people.

For sitcom writers to achieve success, the most important factor is luck.

No matter how good you are, no matter how hard you work and no matter who you're bonking with, there are only so many 'broadcast hours' of newly-commissioned scripted sitcom on TV every week and, no matter where in the world you happen to live, that number of hours is minuscule compared with the number of people submitting scripts.

As the Americans say, do the math - and get a proper job.

"As the Americans say, do the math - and get a proper job."
[/quote]

More on the lines of "Suck some strawberry mushrooms (a.k.a. dick), put in a crapload of work, and eat a sandwich."

Well this is a great way to welcome a potential new forum member, greeting her first posts with sarcasm, cynicism and cheap jibes!

I think we should be encouraging "elllz" rather than trying to put her off before she's even given us any examples of her work.

Well being a comedy writer she should be able to take it in the way intended.

Welcome! Give us all a bit of background about the genre of comedy you're into so that we can see if there's any communality.