SunTrap

Managed to endure 4 minutes - it truly is execrable!

"Costa del Capers in hilarious new series" according to the Mirror, but then what does a rag like that know.

I so wanted to like it. It did have some good bits of dialogue but it was delivered in too wooden a manner. It didn't quite flow. I am hoping that it picks up as I do like the setup and writing - but not the execution so far.

And it has Emma Pierson in it. I want to protect her.

I once saw a documentary about Captial Punishment. Michael Portillo travelled the world (two birds one bag of stones?) visiting places which had the death penalty trying to find the most humane way of snuffing people.

He concluded that, if we had to have the death penalty then the best way to do it would be to starve the brain of oxygen in a pressure chamber.

You've seen it done with pilots where they give them one of those shape toy things, take their oxygen mask off and suddenly the simple becomes the impossible.

There's a stage where even if someone tells you that you will die if you don't put your oxygen mask back on you won't give a monkeys. The mix of euphoria, invincibility, giddyness and CO2 is actually quite enjoyable it turns out.

The #sadmanonatrain concluded that rather than shooting, or gassing or frying a bit of what did for Michael Hutchence might be the best way to go. Satsuma optional.

This show came back to me while I was watching Sun Trap last night. With my head swirling at how bad the show was it occured to me that I might be on a jet which had suffered a sudden cabin decompression. While Bradley, Terry Tibbs and Jack Dee acted out a plot that Mr Tumble would have baulked at I wondered if there was an oxygen mask dangling in front of my face. If only I could reach and put it on I'd be ok. The hallucinations would fade and I could then fit the masks of those around me.

Turns out I was very fimrly on terra firma and Sun Trap wasn't a figment of my dying brain.

I'm with Dave O: it didn't fully click and there were bits that didn't flow too well, but the premise and gags were good, and I laughed a fair bit. On the whole I really enjoyed it and hope future episodes strengthen.

Quote: Dave O @ 28th May 2015, 12:22 PM BST

And it has Emma Pierson in it. I want to protect her.

:D

I lasted about half the episode. Not as bad as I was expecting from reading here but have to agree, it just didn't quite work.

I found it alright and it has brilliant premise. Wiill keep watching,

I just gave it another go.

I think Kayvan Novak's role should have been turned down just a little. He was a bit too Jim Carey/Pet Detective when he should have been more Chevy Chase/Fletch. If his character was dialed down just a notch it would have all fitted together better.

Looking forward to the next one. Although that might be because of Emma Pierson. She's like cognac. Every year that goes by she gets easier on the pallette.

Kayvan Novak is very talented at voices but I have just not got into much of his acting. The best thing he has done outside of Fonejacker was the series Sirens from mid 2011. I loved Sirens a lot and was gutted when E4 axed it then sold the rights to America to remake it.

Quote: tonecapone @ 28th May 2015, 10:05 PM BST

Kayvan Novak is very talented at voices but I have just not got into much of his acting. The best thing he has done outside of Fonejacker was the series Sirens from mid 2011. I loved Sirens a lot and was gutted when E4 axed it then sold the rights to America to remake it.

It passed me by that Sirens was axed. That was a good show.

Yeah, Sirens was great. I don't really rate Novak though.

All the strange dialogue he kept saying like he was a genius, was cringey, didn't work for me.

I'm watching it now, great cast, but the dialogue's far too staccato. I may try Ep2 though.

Quote: Dave O @ 28th May 2015, 9:07 PM BST

I just gave it another go.

I think Kayvan Novak's role should have been turned down just a little. He was a bit too Jim Carey/Pet Detective when he should have been more Chevy Chase/Fletch. If his character was dialed down just a notch it would have all fitted together better.

Looking forward to the next one. Although that might be because of Emma Pierson. She's like cognac. Every year that goes by she gets easier on the pallette.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 31st May 2015, 9:00 PM BST

I'm watching it now, great cast, but the dialogue's far too staccato. I may try Ep2 though.

Quote: 3SOCKSMORGAN @ 28th May 2015, 6:35 PM BST

I found it alright and it has brilliant premise. Wiill keep watching,

I agree with all these. Not laugh out loud but has potential.

As there is no strong language I assume the BBC have buried this in a late slot for a reason.