Murder in Successville

Well this is on and I'm half watching it.

I wondered why they kept bursting out laughing so I looked it up and apparently Greg James is not a real actor. Frances Barber is though.

I was quiet intrigued by this
Especially seeing Deborah Meaden of Dragon fame as one of the actors
Watched a bit & thought it was alright, nice little different idea

Yes - now I've got my head round it I think I'll enjoy it.

By accident I caught this programme yesterday.

I must say I have not laughed so much at a programme for years (well parts of it anyway).

For those that have not seen it then it is a semi improvised murder mystery programme.

A group of actors act out a murder and the celebrity guest (playing a police officer) has to try to solve the murder.

However the main "host" of the programme is DI Sleet who plays an awful 1970s type detective (like from The Sweeny) and as well as guiding the celebrity guest to solving the murder also keeps trying to make the celebrity guest laugh or corpse.

There are times when the celebrity guest does look quite scared or worried as they don't know what is coming next.

All the actors acting out the murder are named after famous people (Lady Gaga, Gordon Ramsey, Jimmy Carr etc.) because it is set in a town called Successville where all famous people live.

Because much of it is improvised not all of it works, but when it does work it is very funny.

Very interesting idea and I have never seen anything like it before.

Give it a go.

More on it here, with a few clips from the programme:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05tv211

No! I thought it really was Lady Gaga!

It reminds me of The Adventure Game, in a very strange way. It's funny. I'll have to watch another episode, the one I saw was intriguing.

I'd call it more or less a success for now, but it feels like their choice of celebrity guests is very much hit-or-miss. I thought the first episode was the weakest of the lot so far (you want to open your brand new show with Jamie Friggin' Laing, really? Really?). Deborah Meaden was surprisingly good though.

I want to see Johnny Vaughan in this. He'd be perfect.

Quote: Agnostik @ 26th May 2015, 12:19 AM BST

I'd call it more or less a success for now, but it feels like their choice of celebrity guests is very much hit-or-miss. I thought the first episode was the weakest of the lot so far (you want to open your brand new show with Jamie Friggin' Laing, really? Really?). Deborah Meaden was surprisingly good though.

I want to see Johnny Vaughan in this. He'd be perfect.

Was he a Radio 1 DJ or something? I had to Google him. He's probably really famous wiv da kidz though.

Quote: Agnostik @ 26th May 2015, 12:19 AM BST

I thought the first episode was the weakest of the lot so far (you want to open your brand new show with Jamie Friggin' Laing, really? Really?).

I suspect they opened it with him as it probably got the concept across best, as he's corpsed the most out of everyone so at least it got across the semi-improvised nature. Deborah Meaden was good, but it'd have been a bit much for Episode 1.

Anyway, I really like it and I've laughed a lot at it. If it gets a Series 2, I imagine a lot more celebs will want to get involved. It looks a ton of fun.

SPOILERS!!!!

After the events at the end of the last episode of Series 2, do we know if a third series is planned and if so has Tom Davis dropped out? Or do you think it'll be a bulletproof vest reveal right at the start and business as usual?

Paul Whitehouse was the stand-out performance this series.

Hi Guys,

anyone see the latest episode of successville ???
i hope i am wrong but is this the end of Sleet ??? i really hope not ... its the best thing on tv ever !!!
anyone know any inside info ?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 16th May 2015, 12:42 AM

I was quiet intrigued by this

As against loudly intrigued you mean. Whistling nnocently

Shame about the recent announcement that they'll not be another series: MIS is vastly better than Davis' more recent efforts action team and king gary, which IMO, were crap!