8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown - Series 6 Page 6

Quote: Aaron @ 15th August 2015, 5:14 PM BST

I pay attention. :)

Is that the same for other panel shows as well?

Quote: Jackamo @ 15th August 2015, 6:27 PM BST

Is that the same for other panel shows as well?

No, not usually.

Quote: Aaron @ 15th August 2015, 6:29 PM BST

No, not usually.

How do others do it then?

Quote: Jackamo @ 15th August 2015, 7:26 PM BST

How do others do it then?

One episode per night, once a week. Depends on which show it is though.

I would've thought most of them do more than one. For instance Pointless - although not a comedy - obviously does 2 or 3 at a time because each contestant gets 2 opportunities to win.

Quote: Chappers @ 15th August 2015, 9:41 PM BST

I would've thought most of them do more than one. For instance Pointless - although not a comedy - obviously does 2 or 3 at a time because each contestant gets 2 opportunities to win.

That's a game show rather than a panel show. Game and quiz shows like Pointless absolutely pump them out: I think Bob Monkhouse used to record 6 or 8 episodes of Wipeout every day. Certainly a full working day's worth of recording time, not just a couple of hours in the evening.

But we're now getting off the 8 Out Of 10 Cats topic.

It is relevant.

Anyway I think that evolving into Countdown has given it a new angle and lease of life.

Yes I agree, it's definitely given the show a new lease of life but I don't think we will be seeing any more normal Cats this year unless they come back for a Christmas special?

"]Yes I agree, it's definitely given the show a new lease of life but I don't think we will be seeing any more normal Cats this year unless they come back for a Christmas special?
[/uote]

I hope that's not true because I prefer normal cats , also who else would like to see them try a different game show?

The good thing about this is you get the humour from the guests plus you can actually play along and score higher than the conttestants - unlike the normal Countdown.

Episode 17 appears to be the last in the run.

Is that tonight? (Repeated about twice next week)

No, tonight's is Episode 15.

Quote: Jackamo @ 17th August 2015, 9:29 PM BST

I hope that's not true because I prefer normal cats , also who else would like to see them try a different game show?

They did an 8 out of 10 Cats Does Deal or No Deal a couple-few years back that was kind of painful to watch.

I'm sure there's a second game show format they could play with, but I've personally been enjoying Cats Does Countdown since it started. They need to get Vorderman on there as a contestant. THAT would be tension.

Quote: Chappers @ 17th August 2015, 11:42 PM BST

you can actually play along and score higher than the contestants

Only if Roisin is on :(