Queenie's Castle

I would be interested to hear from anyone who's seen this. Is it in anyway funny, and/or is it worth seeing for Diana Dors alone?

Remember it as being very funny and a perfect part for Diana.

Just found some on YouTube so thanks for reminding me as I will be downloading them ready for a DVD burn. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o2lGpgrpwU

Now found out can download Early Doors as well, BUT have also found that I can buy the entire series of Queenie's Castle (all 18 episodes) and Early Doors (the two series) for £20 post paid on Amazon.

Not worth the aggro of downloading that lot (not that all of them on are YouTube) and then authoring two (probably more) DVDs.

£20 - Bargain!

Yes, I've seen Queenie's Castle, albeit a few years ago now. An interesting one. I didn't find it especially hilarious, although it certainly has its moments, and a certain gritty charm. Diana is wonderful though - probably worth the relatively low DVD price to see her alone.

See Amazon product listing

A very sexy and naughty lady, as bore out by the Bob Monkhouse biog. I read a few years ago now.

Thanks for your input guys, it's very much appreciated.

Have now acquired the complete set of Queenie's Castle having bought a mint Series 3 from someone on eBay for £3, which is not available on YouTube, but the first two are in their entirety.

So, the lot for well under a fiver! :D

Here are screen prints of the first two series that I authored on to DVD if someone else wants to do the same:-

I'm sure I've seen her in classical theatre roles, too - was it Lysistrata?

Probably as she proved what a fine dramatic actress she was in the powerful "Yield to the Night"

Can anyone tell me if the part of Queenie was written specifically for Diana Dors in mind?

One of the best episodes of the Sweeny was the one with Diana Dors playing lukey's mother in law to be.

Lukey? Don't remember that character.

Quote: Stephen Ryder @ 24th April 2015, 6:25 AM BST

Can anyone tell me if the part of Queenie was written specifically for Diana Dors in mind?

Phew, God knows where you would find that out.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th April 2015, 9:16 AM BST

Lukey? Don't remember that character.

Phew, God knows where you would find that out.

Well this is as good as place as any.

I've seen a few episodes already, and I'm quite enjoying them. Funny to see Roy who was Pat's husband in EastEnders some years ago appearing in this.

Quote: Stephen Ryder @ 24th April 2015, 6:25 AM BST

I would think it probably was.