What's hot today?

Been a while since seeing a truly innovative all time great sitcom come out of the UK. The Office, AbFab, Fawlty Towers level of brilliance. Benidorm seems to be the strongest one out there currently. So what are the top contenders since The Office (i.e. 2001 onwards)? Your votes please.

I note in the top 50 sitcom guide on this website - not a single one in the top 20 began after the year 2000. Only 3 in the whole top 50, but I was skimming so it might be 3 and a half. Those being: AbFab, Phoenix Nights and The Office.

Voting begins now...

Smarmy

Absolutely Fabulous started in 1992!

My Family launched in 2000.

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 26th March 2015, 5:35 PM GMT

I note in the top 50 sitcom guide on this website - not a single one in the top 20 began after the year 2000. Only 3 in the whole top 50, but I was skimming so it might be 3 and a half.

That was a vote from aaaaaages ago - I dare say that if a vote was to take place today there'd be a few more post-2000 shows (not a lot, mind - Peep Show and The Thick Of It would be two of the front runners).

My own personal vote would go to Green Wing. Not everyone's cup of tea, but made such a massive impact on me, and will always have a special place in my heart.

I like Green Wing and I'm sure Not Going Out and The IT Crowd would be contenders now.

Peep Show - top quality show in its 9th series.

OK Peep Show and Green wing are both good, but not main stream. Not top all time 20 greats.

We have some great Comic Actors, Sir Ian McKenna even had a bash recently. But where have the writers gone? Spaced, was good. But that was 1999 ?

Of course Ab Fab was ahead of its time, so it qualifies as post 2000.

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 29th March 2015, 3:06 PM BST

OK Peep Show and Green wing are both good, but not main stream. Not top all time 20 greats.

We have some great Comic Actors, Sir Ian McKenna even had a bash recently. But where have the writers gone ? Spaced, was good. But that was 1999 ?

Of course Ab Fab was ahead of it's time, so it qualifies as post 2000.

Spaced 1999 Laughing out loud I like it.........yes? No? OK, please yerself. :P

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th March 2015, 4:19 PM BST

Spaced 1999 Laughing out loud I like it.........yes? No? OK, please yerself. :P

I saw the same thing there. Maybe it was intentional.

Quote: Chappers @ 29th March 2015, 5:06 PM BST

I saw the same thing there. Maybe it was intentional.

Maybe.......... Unimpressed

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th March 2015, 5:35 PM BST

Maybe.......... Unimpressed

Mmmmmmm.........

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 31st March 2015, 2:29 PM BST

Mmmmmmm.........