Raised By Wolves - Series 1

One of the worst sitcoms I've seen in a long time...

Clever lines but not written to character = not funny. All interchangeable. Adults in kitchen pissing themselves writing this, but no sense of dramatic construction/natural dialogue.

Unconvincing, contrived, forced.

E4 audience may love it but...

Shows that not everyone who can write funny lines can write a funny, winning sitcom.

There's a big difference between journalism and drama, Caitlin.

Deleting series link.

Pity. :(

This is like the most cliched bits of Victoria Wood, Alan Bennet, Mike Leigh & Aileen Wournos combined...

I was really looking forward to this one as well. Ho-hum...

You don't earn the right to do "big" lines until you've established your characters. (See 'Peep Show' for more info.) You certainly don't, in sitcom, make every line a "big" line - clever witticisms divorced from concept. (Writing good dialogue would actually be easier if you didn't have to worry about the boring business of scene construction.) I'll get me coat...

Awful script, 'we're not southern twats, we're not northern twats, we're midlands twats' cue music turning up to indicate to the idiots this is a clever quip, it's not.

Arm stuck in a letterbox.
Hilarious, witty Buddha line.

For what it's worth, I haven't laughed once yet and I've just FFed through the adverts. However, it's Ep1 and I enjoyed Moran's 'How To Be A Woman' and Staton was great in 'Pulling', so....

I think it was funny. I like the characters and dynamics. The older girls were good actors (which you don't always get with 'child' actors - although they may be a lot older than they are playing, not sure). I will definitely be watching the next episode.

It wasn't perfect, but it was certainly fun enough for me to want to keep watching. Plus some of the dialogue was really refreshing. You really don't often hear some of that stuff said outside of Caitlin Moran (and the infamous BCG's Charley).

Quote: zooo @ 18th March 2015, 10:05 AM GMT

It wasn't perfect, but it was certainly fun enough for me to want to keep watching. Plus some of the dialogue was really refreshing. You really don't often hear some of that stuff said outside of Caitlin Moran (and the infamous BCG's Charley).

Of course you hear it, we're adults.

I can't say I've heard menstrual blood talked about light heartedly as 'all thick and viscous like jam' on a lot of TV.
We get to enjoy hearing all about the boy side of gross-out body humour in shows like Inbetweeners and so on, but not so much on the girl side.
As I said, refreshing.

Quote: zooo @ 18th March 2015, 1:49 PM GMT

I can't say I've heard menstrual blood talked about light heartedly as 'all thick and viscous like jam' on a lot of TV.
We get to enjoy hearing all about the boy side of gross-out body humour in shows like Inbetweeners and so on, but not so much on the girl side.
As I said, refreshing.

Since when was menstruation taboo? The writers take you for a mug, expecting you to laugh at that, it's patronizing to adults. What is this period thing they talk of??? And can jokes be made about it???? OMG it can!

Gosh, you're fun to talk to.

I didn't watch it but I suspect I won't like it, can I be critical anyway?

Quote: zooo @ 18th March 2015, 6:32 PM GMT

Gosh, you're fun to talk to.

Agreed, it's good to be able to discuss such things humourously instead of being ashamed and hiding sanitary protection away in faux cosmetic cases in one's handbag. Moran's 'How To Be A Woman' was an excellent read, especially the bit about uncomfortable knickers and her friend's thong morphing into a 'clit hat' on the tube.

I will be tuning into next week's episode, I think it has potential :)