Three Up, Two Down

I've been really enjoying BBC Two Daytime's repeats of this 1980s sitcom. Such a refreshing change from the regular round of suspects. The missing episode was somewhat annoying to many though.

Disappointed to see, however, that yet another episode appears that it may be skipped in the repeat run: Series 4 Episode 1.

According to this website it's due to be broadcast on Friday 20 March!

Lyssete Anthony's acting is so wooden.

Quote: gb901 @ 16th March 2015, 4:51 PM GMT

Yes, it's currently unclear: Series 4 has no episode titles, and the synopses seem a little mixed up.

Quote: Aaron @ 16th March 2015, 4:55 PM GMT

Yes, it's currently unclear: Series 4 has no episode titles, and the synopses seem a little mixed up.

Perhaps I can help here.

All of Series 4, including Episode 1, is due to be broadcast.

I enquired about this with the BBC as the schedules were unclear (along with an enquiry as to why Sr.2 Ep.3 was omitted from this repeat run).

Here's the relevant part of the reply I received:

"...In regards to episode 1 of series 4, this has been scheduled to be shown on 20th March. Please find below the planned schedule for series 4:

Episode 01 - 20/03/2015
Episode 02 - 22/03/2015
Episode 03 - 23/03/2015
Episode 04 - 24/03/2015
Episode 05 - 25/03/2015
Episode 06 - 26/03/2015.

It would appear these have been marked incorrectly as it runs from ep 2-7 instead of 1-6."

Not sure where those 2-7 numberings come from, but very useful to know. It certainly explains why the synopses appear to be out of order!

Also very welcome is that the episodes do not seem to have been edited, as far as I can tell. Like many TV series of this age, the episode lengths were fairly irregular, but they all seem to be intact (both today's and yesterday's episode running to in excess of 30 minutes in length, for example - unheard of nowadays).

Quote: gb901 @ 16th March 2015, 4:51 PM GMT

Lyssete Anthony's acting is so wooden.

It may have been wooden but it earned her a career in America - which she proceeded to blow.

Quote: Chappers @ 16th March 2015, 9:51 PM GMT

It may have been wooden but it earned her a career in America - which she proceeded to blow.

Yes, very attractive - shame about the lack of talent!

Quote: gb901 @ 17th March 2015, 4:51 PM GMT

Yes, very attractive - shame about the lack of talent!

True but I fancied Daphne more :D . Watching a rerun of a Jonathan Creek episode with LA in it shows it didn't take too long for her looks to go. Shame.

RE: Series 4 episode titles.

Does anyone have any idea as to why the episodes of Series 4 did not have any on-screen episode titles, and were the titles ('Passionfruit', 'On the Radio' etc etc) official titles subsequently provided by the BBC, or were they just unofficial titles which seem to have become universally accepted?

Quote: D Page @ 20th March 2015, 9:23 AM GMT

RE: Series 4 episode titles.

Does anyone have any idea as to why the episodes of Series 4 did not have any on-screen episode titles, and were the titles ('Passionfruit', 'On the Radio' etc etc) official titles subsequently provided by the BBC, or were they just unofficial titles which seem to have become universally accepted?

I've never seen any titles for Series 4, and I've no idea why there was such a change after the previous three. Those you mention are entirely unofficial.

I've never heard of it, but the title and that photo are enough to put me off.

I've only recently realised that Sitcom episodes have different titles. It's something that had never really clicked with me and I'd never noticed.

Didn't see this at the time, there were so many middling domcoms on in the 80s you couldn't possibly make time to see them all without recording them. I happily didn't, had it on today and it was appalling. Completely uninspired, script writing by numbers to fill a remit as so many filler sitcoms were. Utterly awful.

And so ends the Beeb's rerun of one of its not quite a classic mid 80s sitcoms - with Sam supposedly getting his leg over with posh daphers in a hired Rover 800!