Cradle To Grave

If that indeed will be the title.
Having listened to Danny's reading of the first volume this is sure to be a hoot, although no audiobook for volume 2 as yet.
Danny's just twittered that music for the show will be provided by messrs Difford and Tilbrook (Squeeze), although he refers to Genius soundtrack . . . the name of the show or his opinion on the quality of the soundtrack?
Nice to see Peter Kay playing Spud, he's a character and a half if the stories are true . . .
Couldn't find an existing thread, so thought I'd kick one off, feel free to delete if there's another under a rock somewhere . . .

It sounds alright but I'm not really a fan of Danny Baker but I love Peter Kay so will be watching for him.

Sounds good although a bit Only Fools And Horses.

I'll give it a whirl. I did find Mr Baker to be a bit full of himself in his first autobiography. He is funny though and I loved archive show on BBC4.

Ten minutes in so far. Has Peter Kay borrowed Dick Van Dyke's accent training cassette?

I've seen it all before. Sorry Danny.

You could almost work out Danny Baker's thoughts.

"My early life was a bit like Only Fools & Horses."
"There is no Only Fools & Horses now."
"Cha-Ching."

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 4th September 2015, 8:12 AM BST

You could almost work out Danny Baker's thoughts.

"My early life was a bit like Only Fools & Horses."
"There is no Only Fools & Horses now."
"Cha-Ching."

I think you're right, but it was funny. Have you read the book? It seemed pretty true to that really. The trousers on a corpse trope reminded me of the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode with the Nine Iron though.

I was looking forward to this but was a bit disappointed by the first episode

I was quite distracted by Peter Kay's accent. But there was a few laughs in the show. Reminded me of a 70s Inbetweeners.

Yeah
I quite liked it too
There was a bit of sauce which is better than no sauce at all

Quote: Lee @ 6th September 2015, 12:21 AM BST

I was quite distracted by Peter Kay's accent. But there was a few laughs in the show. Reminded me of a 70s Inbetweeners.

Me too. I recall being told off at work for attempting to ape 'The League Of Gentlemen'.

Whilst reading all of the publicity interviews concerning this series it's clear that both Baker and Pope wanted Kay on board. It slightly reminded me of the seriously limited talents of James Nesbitt and the fact that he had to play a south London murder victim's father with a Northern Irish accent because he couldn't master the cadence. You're being paid for your acting skills: bloody well try.

So: at least Mr Kay tried. Mr TBN didn't realise that PK had also played Max in Phoenix Nights, so he must be doing something right.

Peter's accent vanished at one point! It was ok. But Boy Meets Girl was a lot better.

I caught the repeat of episode 1. It reminded me a little bit of the Gervais/Merchant film Cemetery Junction. Which unfortunately I didn't really like.

I don't like being this negative about new shows, but I really can't see anything in this that makes me even curious enough to watch episode 2.

I think it's the wigs. It doesn't look like the 70s. It just looks like people in fancy dress going to a 70s themed party.

I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed that.