What are you reading right now? Page 200

Bonkers - Jennifer Saunders

The Stranger Albert Camus, the greatest thinker of his generation

I Have Brought Smasher the life of sid james yesterday at a charity shop for 3.00 what a bargin

Quote: george roper @ 26th July 2014, 1:03 PM BST

I Have Brought Smasher the life of sid james yesterday at a charity shop for 3.00 what a bargin

Quote: Pingl @ 25th July 2014, 11:08 PM BST

The Stranger Albert Camus, the greatest thinker of his generation

So many books, so little time.

Quote: bloopergast @ 24th July 2014, 1:08 PM BST

Bonkers - Jennifer Saunders

Just read this as well. I don't normally like reading autobiographies/biographies but really enjoyed reading this.

Quote: reds @ 29th July 2014, 2:47 PM BST

Just read this as well. I don't normally like reading autobiographies/biographies but really enjoyed reading this.

Yeah, it was pretty amusing. A real page-turner comedy-wise. I would have liked to know more about the early F&S sketches and how they learned the craft, but Saunders' memories from the 80's were pretty hazy Pleased Well at least, it's a good excuse to put Dear Fatty by Dawn French on the reading list.

Tropic of Ruislip by Leaslie Thomas.

Interesting to read it 40 years on.

Lots of un-PC bits in it that you wouldn't dream of writing today.

John Masefield's The Midnight Folk, for the hundredth time.

Swallows and Amazons. Fat Vicky has just had her birthday party.

We seem to be similarly retarded, Marc.

Lol. It's like a holiday in a book :)

Currently reading Necropolis which is about old burial sites in London. I am trying to read one book a month but am failing miserably at this. I used to love reading and could read a chapter book in less than a week, but these days time and lack of motivation seem to get in the way a bit.

Just finished reading Tropic of Ruislip which has helped me greatly with my project.

'The Killing Season' - Mason Cross. Gripping read about an escaped serial killer. New writer who was headhunted by an agent after he put something up on authorius (or whatever the website's called).

Going back to my old Leslie Thomas books.

Have just finished Tropic of Ruislip and now re-reading His Lordship about an ex-Tennis pro becoming a tennis coach at a private girls school. Remember this was written in 1970.