What are you reading right now? Page 198

I'll look out for your SG version. :)

This is a really good oral history of the New York scene - CBGB's etc.

Might fancy this when it's released.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Murder-Marilyn-Monroe-Closed/dp/1628737573

Ill save you the expense

Sam giancana sent some of his men round to her house one night

JFK and his doctor where there and they'd just given her a sedative cos she was so angry and hysterical

When they left , the mafia guys went in, stripped her, put her face down on her bed , then inserted a toxic Nembutal suppository up her butt and left her to die

Case closed

'Bellman & Black' - Diane Setterfield.

Going to start this bad boy soon. I enjoy Dick. (Philip k)

More high class reading.

Although I find Philip k Dick has great subjects, but a fairly impenetrable style.

I've always really liked his stuff, even the pretty weird hard going later stuff, like VALIS, when he's gone full on bonkers and is writing about his weird paranoid 'visions'.

Just borrowed Fashion Beast from my sis, apparently a lost Alan Moore.

"Salmond Against the Odds' - David Torrance.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 24th May 2014, 1:47 PM BST

I've always really liked his stuff, even the pretty weird hard going later stuff, like VALIS, when he's gone full on bonkers and is writing about his weird paranoid 'visions'.

I loved Valis. Read it ages ago mind. I used to like the English guy who wrote Texts of Festival at the time I was reading Dick but can't remember his name.

Mick Farren. Can't post link as am on an iPad.

Flow my tears is a pretty depressing read and unfortunately doesn't resolve in a way that would satisfy anyone who isn't on drugs - but it starts brilliantly.

I think the best PKD books (as books) are

Martian Timeslip
Man in the High Castle
Scanner Darkly

The best ones for room-stopping-like-an elevator moments are Ubik and Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch.

A Maze of Death is the forgotten classic.

The one I couldn't finish is The Man Whose Teeth Were All Exactly Alike. Felt like it had been written in six monthly instalments over a period of 150 years.

I haven't read Valis.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 26th May 2014, 7:03 PM BST

I shall have to check this out; both The Woman in Black and The Mist in the Mirror are excellent.

The Prophet by Michael Koryta, don't read a lot of fiction but I'm quarter way through this and it's a really good read so far, building nicely in a way that you want to keep going to find out more.