The Last Man On Earth

What did everyone think? I didn't think it could live up to the hype but I really enjoyed it and can't wait to see where they go with it next.

I thought it has potential, wasn't as funny as it thought it was gonna be until the girl showed up.

I wanted to like this. On the one hand it was a good comic study on the human condition (i.e. man wants to get laid and makes arse of himself) but on the other it seemed like such a waste of comic potential. They had the whole world to play with and they wrote something a comic farse about men and women that could have happened anywhere at any time.

6.5 out of 10 maybe?

Watched the first two episodes of this on Dave (the TV channel) last night and really enjoyed it. You can watch it here if you want to!

Just saw the first two. Found the endless 'man wants to bone anything then is disappointed when the one woman he finds isn't a beautiful underwear model, like he's anything special to f**king look at himself' stuff a tad irritating. But I think they were doing that on purpose.
Overall, it was pretty entertaining. Will watch the rest!

I'm glad they went for a virus that apparently doesn't leave millions of dead bodies lying around, rotting everywhere. That would be a bit of a downer.

Quote: Vince Ives @ 2nd March 2015, 2:47 PM GMT

can't wait to see where they go with it next.

I went to Series Record - Delete
;)

I didn't see it. I was interested from the trailer. But now I know there's more than one character in it I've lost interest. Maybe I'll take a look when it's repeated.

I think I might watch Luc Besson's The Last Battle. That's a good 'human race is almost wiped out' post apocalyptic film. And it only has one line of dialogue.

I just could not get into it!

I've been enjoying this for the most part. It's raced into season 2 if anyone is still watching.

I'm a few episodes behind, but I like it too.

Hadn't realised at first that the main dude starred in Nebraska - couldn't be more different.

The Last Man on Earth first two TV series is on Amazon.

I sat and watched both series.
You probably have to enjoy East coast American comedy and The Walking Dead to enjoy them.
But they are entertaining and well made.

Just started on this, really enjoyable & such a simple yet interesting premise

It's good, light entertainment. I enjoy it a lot.

I like it too. Watched all of the first series. Started on the second, then took a break, and have about 10 or so that I recorded left to watch.

Even with much shorter British series that i enjoy, such as Catastrophe and Detectorists , unless the second series is brilliant, I tend to stockpile them for a rainy day which might never come. I ended up ditching the final series of Peep Show (I'd seen all the others) because I needed room on my TiVo. There's just too much other stuff to watch and check out (apart from comedy), and limited time, so good stuff gets squeezed out, or has to wait a very long time. Possibly Seinfeld is the only really long-running series I've seen most of. I would have stuck with Curb too if it wasn't on Sky Bloody Atlantic.

Really easy to watch
And although Will Forte can be a bit OTT, he suits this role perfectly
Interested to see how the character(s) develops