Cucumber (and Banana) Page 3

What about the third show? Panini, isn't it...?

Quote: zooo @ 27th February 2015, 1:50 PM GMT

Look at her cute little neurotic face.

She would make a great Doctor Who. If only RTD was still in charge!

She looks like a mixture of David Tenant and Matt Smith. In my eyes anyway.

Need to catch up on this weeks Cucumber! A job for later!

This weeks episode was amazing, but so tragically brutal.

Poor old Lance.

:(

Was so disturbing.

I missed the first minute or so and only just read that there was a caption at the start telling us Lance was going to die. Kind of glad I didn't know for sure it was coming!

Good discussion of the episode by RTD here. http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-02-26/russell-t-davies-id-long-wanted-to-write-a-death-that-feels-like-a-death

Oh, I missed the caption as well.

I wonder why they gave that away?

Quote: zooo @ 1st March 2015, 1:03 AM GMT

Was so disturbing.

I missed the first minute or so and only just read that there was a caption at the start telling us Lance was going to die. Kind of glad I didn't know for sure it was coming!

Good discussion of the episode by RTD here. http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-02-26/russell-t-davies-id-long-wanted-to-write-a-death-that-feels-like-a-death

Brilliant article; the RT is always full of interesting stuff (makes note to read the print edition later.)

Gay Panic? I've never heard of that term. I must rent Queer As Folk as I've only seen a couple of episodes so far.

Queer As Folk is one of my favourite TV shows of aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall time. Had you seen enough to recognise Hazel when she popped up in Cucumber?

Quote: Ben @ 1st March 2015, 8:19 AM GMT

Oh, I missed the caption as well.

I wonder why they gave that away?

I'm not really sure. He sort of explained it in that article, but I'm sure it delivered more of an emotional punch if you didn't know for sure.

Although the announcer saying after the last ad break 'this section contains extreme violence' kind of gave it away a bit too.

Quote: zooo @ 1st March 2015, 10:56 AM GMT

Queer As Folk is one of my favourite TV shows of aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall time. Had you seen enough to recognise Hazel when she popped up in Cucumber?

I'm not really sure. He sort of explained it in that article, but I'm sure it delivered more of an emotional punch if you didn't know for sure.

Although the announcer saying after the last ad break 'this section contains extreme violence' kind of gave it away a bit too.

I didn't, but was aware that Denise Black has worked with RTD in the past. I mostly recall her as hairdresser Denise in Corrie and for providing Ken with a fine son.

Ah wow, I never saw her in Coronation Street. Can't believe she's bred with Ken. :O

Quote: zooo @ 1st March 2015, 5:24 PM GMT

Ah wow, I never saw her in Coronation Street. Can't believe she's bred with Ken. :O

Yes, she played the glamorous coiffuress Denise Osbourne who, according to good old Wikipedia, later made a Corrie comeback in 2007. I stopped watching the Manchester-set soap ages ago when I got fed up with the frequency of episodes and the darn silly plot lines.

As for Queer as Folk, I've placed them on my 'high priority' rental queue
:). I am also hugely looking forward to next Thursday's episodes of both Cucumber and Banana.

I'd never heard of gay panic either. I think California is the only state to have banned it as a legal defence.

The UK has something similar called The Portsmouth defence, but I'm not sure if it's still a valid cause for 'temporary insanity'.

Where is Jennie when you need her legal skills?

Quote: Ben @ 1st March 2015, 7:23 PM GMT

I'd never heard of gay panic either. I think California is the only state to have banned it as a legal defence.

The UK has something similar called The Portsmouth defence, but I'm not sure if it's still a valid cause for 'temporary insanity'.

Where is Jennie when you need her legal skills?

At least it's not a reference to Duran Duran's hit from a few years ago 'Girl Panic'.

Yes, we definitely need an official BCG legal definition of this phenomenon. Perhaps we should convene some drinks now it's spring?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 1st March 2015, 7:04 PM GMT

Yes, she played the glamorous coiffuress Denise Osbourne who, according to good old Wikipedia, later made a Corrie comeback in 2007. I stopped watching the Manchester-set soap ages ago when I got fed up with the frequency of episodes and the darn silly plot lines.

Ha, I started watching Coronation Street when Sean joined, purely because he was off Queer As Folk.

I am also hugely looking forward to next Thursday's episodes of both Cucumber and Banana.

Me too!
I've rather missed Freddie, so hopefully he'll be back. I don't really want to see he and Henry get it on but I would like them to connect a bit more in some other way.

Quote: zooo @ 1st March 2015, 7:44 PM GMT

Ha, I started watching Coronation Street when Sean joined, purely because he was off Queer As Folk.

Me too!
I've rather missed Freddie, so hopefully he'll be back. I don't really want to see he and Henry get it on but I would like them to connect a bit more in some other way.

I'd also like Henry to be re-instated at 'Donna Noble from Doctor Who's old company' - whaaaahhh - too many crossovers for me.

Hah, yes too many crossovers make my head do this: :S