Life's Too Short Special DVD

Glad to see the 2013 Special of the quite unpopular BBC2 sitcom starring Warwick Davis getting a release next week! I really loved the series and would have loved to see a second series but at least they made a final special.

There doesn't appear to have been a lot of advertising for it, for example if you go onto the TV pre-orders list on Amazon, it doesn't show up and at the minute it is currently priced up at £10.25.

According to what Aaron said, it is only being released out of a contractual obligation (whatever that means!)

Anyone else buying it?

See Amazon product listing

"contractual obligation" doesn't sound promising, I'd read that as the show was meant to have been a success & so signed up for a DVD release, now the show has flopped they'll just chuck it out with no advertising & be done with.

Personally I felt the show was terrible, the sort of series that makes me wonder just how certain TV shows get commissioned.

Quote: G180e @ 27th January 2015, 4:49 PM GMT

According to what Aaron said, it is only being released out of a contractual obligation (whatever that means!)

I didn't quite say it so matter-of-fact though...

Bought this today from HMV for £6.99. I am pleased to say that the DVD includes 25 minutes of bonus content including Behind The Scenes footage and Outtakes.

Shame about the 2 year wait for it though!

Chuffing good!

Quote: Ian Morgan @ 27th January 2015, 5:21 PM GMT

"contractual obligation" doesn't sound promising, I'd read that as the show was meant to have been a success & so signed up for a DVD release, now the show has flopped they'll just chuck it out with no advertising & be done with.

Personally I felt the show was terrible, the sort of series that makes me wonder just how certain TV shows get commissioned.

I didn't get on with it either. It seemed popular at the time though.

I think this is the worst Gervais/Merchant show so far, the execution of the mockumentary concept was sloppy/lazy and therefore totally unconvincing. But I liked Warwick Davis in this, I think he has a genuine comical talent. And I liked some of the jokes...even some of the cheap slapstick gags like Davis falling out of his car several times.