Gary Delaney

Saw him live for the first time and was very impressed. He's got a lovely low key style, not at all shouty, just loads of funny clever silly one liner type gags. He's doing a tour this year so will try and get to see him again with a bit of luck.

I'm a fan. Very, very funny man, and very nice, too. Haven't had a chance to see him live yet but hoping to on said tour. :)

Bit smug for my liking. Always seems too happy with his own jokes.

Well he should be, he wrote them! :)

Watched him on YouTube.

:|

Not seen his stand up but his guest slots on Mock The Week were very good. As others have said, he's a much more understated comedian than all the other "LOOK AT ME!" types on the show. Perhaps that's why he hasn't received quite the adulation he deserves.

Not too sure about his taste in women, mind.....

Why's that then.

Sorry
Which Delaney is this thread referring to?

Quote: zooo @ 3rd February 2015, 12:44 PM GMT

Why's that then.

I'm guessing that Basil is not a fan of the brilliant Sarah Millican who is married to the equally brilliant, Mr Delaney.

I guess so. I think they're a rather perfect match, myself!

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 10th January 2015, 10:45 AM GMT

Saw him live for the first time and was very impressed. He's got a lovely low key style, not at all shouty, just loads of funny clever silly one liner type gags. He's doing a tour this year so will try and get to see him again with a bit of luck.

I agree very talented and with his one line style there is no fat so that must be very difficult so I do not blame him for looking smug.

Best

M

Didn't have an opinion on him one way or the other with regards to his jokes until he told one of a good friend's well known jokes on an episode of MTW, poor form from an established comedian.

Quote: Nick81 @ 20th April 2015, 3:37 PM BST

Didn't have an opinion on him one way or the other with regards to his jokes until he told one of a good friend's well known jokes on an episode of MTW, poor form from an established comedian.

Knowing Gary pretty well, I'd be absolutely amazed if he's knowingly used someone else's joke.

Can you tell us what the joke is?

I'm guessing it's a case of similar thinking, which happens all the time to one-liner comics.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ 20th April 2015, 11:05 PM BST

Knowing Gary pretty well, I'd be absolutely amazed if he's knowingly used someone else's joke.

Can you tell us what the joke is?

I'm guessing it's a case of similar thinking, which happens all the time to one-liner comics.

Morning Tony,

Similar thinking is one thing, but a word for word repeat, and it's not a short joke either. The joke is the fox in the suitcases/moving.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 3rd February 2015, 1:44 PM GMT

Sorry
Which Delaney is this thread referring to?

Let me direct you to my Delaney Disambiguation Helper Thread: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/31437#P1106834

:)