Count Arthur Strong - Series 2 (TV) Page 4

It seems my hopes were raised prematurely by episode two.

Tend to agree somewhat, although I still enjoyed it.

Even though I could see it coming, it was still very funny with the bell at the end and the Minister of Communications photographed with the misspelt sign.

Not as good as the previous one but I still liked it.

The script for this week's was pretty dire, veering between thin and obvious and actually hackneyed, but the performers are all so good, it was still enjoyable to watch. Just a pity the writing's not as good as on the radio.

Delaney and Linehan make just one mistake (and it's a big one) (and if you exclude the rather lame scripts) and that is to make Kinnear (lovely chap, very good actor, maybe not for comedy) the centre of attention. This is the Count Arthur Strong show and he should be at the centre, not arriving after the lovely Kinnear has done twenty minutes of mugging. He should open the show. That little midget cockney with the sunglasses is good. He should be Arthur's foil. And what happened to all the Malopropositions?

Tonight's was perfection from start to finish

Absolutely A1

THIS is what CAS on TV should be

Brilliant!!

Loved it!!! :D

Great episode. Wonderfully funny.

Best one of this season so far. Up there with my favourite of the first series, the Salmon in the Toilet episode. I've struggled with the second series so far, but this was brilliant.

I also really enjoyed this week's episode. Some top stuff in there! Very funny!

Got into Series 1 late and only after reading reviews. This is much more enjoyable than the regurgitated Still Open All Hours!

Superb, superb, superb.......laughed all the way through, which was probably 'cos I was in the mood after the first scene - the word association. Hysterical!

Bollocks. Laughing out loud

Thank F**K for the gas man episode!
That's how the Count should be!!!!!

....a clear demonstration of how pointless Micheal and, to a large extent, the other cafe characters are!!!
Would have been comedy gold if those scenes didn't exist!

MORE... of the count taking the lead please!!!!

.....perhaps Mr. Graham (Father Ted) blokey has seen the light!...... read the reviews (well the real ones and not the rose tinted spectacle, chummy chummy back slapping, "it's a classic" ones by people who as so busy networking in Soho bars that they don't even watch the Bloo**y shows).
***Believe me I know!!! I reluctantly deal with this scum on a regular basis!!!

...Or perhaps the Count IS actually evil???????

SHOUTING: Linehan STOP being a Director.... you're better than that!! Far better!!!

Does anyone hear a bit of the character of Jose Mourinho in Bulent, albeit not as calm in delivery? I do.

Quote: Compo @ 28th January 2015, 10:56 PM GMT

Thank F**K for the gas man episode!
That's how the Count should be!!!!!

....a clear demonstration of how pointless Micheal and, to a large extent, the other cafe characters are!!!
Would have been comedy gold if those scenes didn't exist!

MORE... of the count taking the lead please!!!!

Tend to agree somewhat as I too was getting slightly annoyed with the café "interruptions".