Count Arthur Strong - Series 2 (TV) Page 2

I thought that was funny, more satisfying than most of Series 1.

Still prefer the radio, but it's coming along nicely.

I caught up with the first episode last night and I thought it was terrific - I laughed out loud several times and I loved how the characters are developing. I think that Rory Kinnear is an amazing talent; for me Michael is far more watchable than the Count himself. Regarding the radio show, I listened to this after watching series 1 and couldn't get into it, but I know people who are devoted to the radio version and don't get the TV one. For info - the first series is currently £7.10 on Amazon. But might be worth hanging on to get 1&2 box set (if it's released). :)

Quote: Bonzo @ 8th January 2015, 8:13 PM GMT

. For info - the first series is currently £7.10 on Amazon. But might be worth hanging on to get 1&2 box set (if it's released). :)

I emailed 2Entertain (who released series one) and they have told me they won't be releasing series 2 as they haven't acquired the DVD rights for the second series. If you want series 2, tape them off the telly!

It was a thing of great beauty, that episode. I've laughed all week remembering it and I keep saying to myself, '50 Crates of Plates'. I still have a crush on The Count.

Quote: G180e @ 9th January 2015, 8:29 PM GMT

I emailed 2Entertain (who released series one) and they have told me they won't be releasing series 2 as they haven't acquired the DVD rights for the second series. If you want series 2, tape them off the telly!

Tape ? You quaint old fashioned thing.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 7th January 2015, 10:34 PM GMT

I thought it risible it got overlooked for the BC awards given the crap that was nominated, especially in the newcomer category. Probably the only true sitcom made last year.

Except it was not made last year, and had two nominations in the year it was on television.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/000001304/british_comedy_awards_2013_nominations/

Quote: Pip Bond @ 9th January 2015, 9:14 PM GMT

It was a thing of great beauty, that episode. I've laughed all week remembering it and I keep saying to myself, '50 Crates of Plates'. I still have a crush on The Count.

No malapropism can top Little Howard's "adding insects to surgery".

Just been watching that. Surprisingly I found it funnier than the whole of the first series. Even the Michael character didn't annoy/bore me this time. I hope they keep up the quality throughout the series.

Was that Janet Dibley?

And has Graham Lineham always been involved with this?

No it wasn't, and yes he has. :)

Count Arthur is my Hero!!..... can't wait till he gets his own show!.......................... Rather than the pathetic bit part he plays in the Rory Kinnear (look at me, I'm a pathetic character)Show!
Nothing against Rory himself. Think he's a fine actor! .... who the hell wrote HIS part in this??
Totally irrelevant!

What I do (seriously) is download the show then open a video editor and delete ALL the Rory Kinnear scenes. Try it if you can, Its much funnier!

I really don't understand how YOU people can't recognise a bad show when you see one..... and don't give me all that personal taste crap!.... I hate 2 point 4 children and My Family and watching them doesn't even raise a smirk. HOWEVER I can see that they are well written and understand how that would appeal to some.

The Count Arthur Radio Shows are fantastic... as is all the other stuff on YouTube
.... and Graham Lineham wrote Farther Ted for god's sake..... so what the F**&'s going on here?????????

....and this is worse than the first series... the Count is hardly in it!

I prefer the radio show as it has a bit of a Hancock etc way about it but watched the TV episode with the ice cream van, found it hysterical and am not sure why I missed the other ones. Possibly it was because a different approach on TV seemed ok for its bravery but the specific approach they had taken was more questionable. The other characters mainly, especially the Kinnear one. The design of it is also difficult to place. The overall look of the cafe. The way it has been filmed. I'm not sure what its reference points are design wise. Desmond's? And what era? 1980s? Maybe there are no precedents. If so, fine but confusing.

As yesterday's commenced - the first, I think, in Series 2, I thought "oh no, this isn't working for me". It seemed to take a long time to get off the ground, so to speak. But after ten minutes, I thought it was hilarious - and possibly it was so because it started so slowly. When the gear change came, it was very comical. I love that crazy Father Ted style anarchy. The Count is my favourite comedy creation of the last 20 years. It always feels to me like a massive relief that comedy can still be done in that/those way(s).

Loved last night's episode, it was the best one yet. The flashbacks to young Arthur were great and the scene in the plane was hilarious.

Such a shame about the crap timeslot, if this was on at like 8:30 on a Friday night on BBC1, it would probably do really well.

If you have not heard the radio shows, you may think the telly series not worth watching.
If you have heard the radio shows, you KNOW they are not worth watching. Oh Goodness me, Steve Delaney, what have you done here?
Certainly you've made a dreadful mistake in reducing Count Arthur to a mere clown puppet, secondary to the comedy-clueless Rory Kinnear.
A sad come-down for our radio (anti) hero !

Second episode just as good as the first. Easily see this becoming one of my new fave sitcoms.

@Compo "What I do (seriously) is download the show then open a video editor and delete ALL the Rory Kinnear scenes. Try it if you can, Its much funnier!"

I will call you out on that, don't believe for a second anyone other than a person with a very sad life would do that. Very silly to make stuff up to try and get a point across.

As for "....and this is worse than the first series... the Count is hardly in it!"

Apart from being in nearly every seen that is.

Rory Kinnear is great as Michael and adds plenty to this very funny show. He is just as important as Arthur.

Already cannot wait to episode three.