Only Connect Page 5

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th July 2015, 4:17 PM BST

I've spoken with Alan and he's confirmed that we've included some of your questions in Series 11. When I know how many have been used I'll be back in touch with you so that you can invoice us. Alan will be in touch regarding questions for the next series in due course.

Many thanks
Chris[/I]

Chris and Alan seem to be a good team.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 28th July 2015, 5:11 PM BST

Ok - so what is Chris doing?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 28th July 2015, 5:11 PM BST

Phnar! Unimpressed

Someone mentioned watching David Smith on tonight's prog.,but can't find it now - it's just that by coincidence the team he was in answered one of my questions I sent in. Cool

Congrats to you...and Dave!

Thank you, but where did that post go that I saw? Wasn't it you, you naughty boy? Did you delete it for some reason or am I losing my marbles?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th August 2015, 5:11 AM BST

Thank you, but where did that post go that I saw?

That has disappeared into the most frightening black hole of the universe i.e. Victoria CM's cleavage.

Did you delete it for some reason...

I've deleted that post because it wouldn't have made much sense to people who haven't seen the show.

am I losing my marbles?

Yes.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 4th August 2015, 7:16 AM BST

That has disappeared into the most frightening black hole of the universe i.e. Victoria CM's cleavage.

>_< She must have at least a gallon in each of those. :P

I've deleted that post because it wouldn't have made much sense to people who haven't seen the show.

Yes but, who is David Smith?

Yes.

Thank you

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th August 2015, 10:06 AM BST

Yes but, who is David Smith?

Pull the other one. You really don't know who David Smith is?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 4th August 2015, 10:14 AM BST

Pull the other one. You really don't know who David Smith is?

I now know what he looks like - is he infamous? Otherwise, nope.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th August 2015, 10:16 AM BST

I now know what he looks like - is he infamous? Otherwise, nope.

It was just a joke...'David Smith' is the name of one of the funniest members on the BCG. For example, he's the creator of great threads such as this one: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/27312/

He got banned a few times and resigned at least once. But he always returned after a few weeks with a different nickname ('David Smith' is his most famous one).

The guy on Only Connect oviously only shares the name with 'our' David Smith, it wasn't him...the one on the telly last night had brains.

Ah, let's hope he reads this.

I like it when they have a tough one in the sequences round & then forget which round they are in by trying to name a connection

Concentrate people!
There are only four flipping rounds, write them on your hands & cross them off as they go

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 4th August 2015, 11:40 AM BST

I like it when they have a tough one in the sequences round & then forget which round they are in by trying to name a connection

Concentrate people!
There are only four flipping rounds, write them on your hands & cross them off as they go

They altered mine last night, which made it easier in my eyes. Thought it was another case of plagiarism from one I sent in 2 years ago, but as my name went up in the closing titles I know I will get paid. :)

As they might say in round 4
SHWM THM NY