How Will Comedy Change In The Future?

Do you think comedy will change in the future if so,what will change in comedy? How will the writing change? Do you think the be more people writing comedy in the future? Who knows? I think comedy is one of those things that something unexpected will happen. I still think comedy will be better in the future.At the moment I don't think there is more writers anymore.So I am curious to know your judgements on the situation.

I think telepathy will ruin stand-up. :(

It's an exciting thing, the future. We seem to be on the verge of a complete revolution of everything we know. From augmented reality to internet enabled fridges.

Ooh shit! I just got an email off my underpants - thought that fart seemed a bit moist ..

Sketches will be delivered in the form of small pills, and everyone will wear colour-coded onesies.

Quote: Gazzo @ 30th October 2014, 2:32 PM GMT

I think comedy is one of those things that something unexpected will happen.

:)

I think (plus hope) YouTube and the internet will change comedy.

I've got my own YouTube channel below where we write and direct comedy sketches https://www.youtube.com/user/padmire2

Sketch comedy gets less and less time on TV (when was the last time there was a huge comedy sketch show?). People seem to have less patience for new comedies, hopefully people will turn to YouTube and watch comedy shows such as funnyordie.com or 5 second movies. Comedy sketches tend to appeal to young adults who watch more of YouTube than they do television.

No one mention a Vine video at this point, it'll only push comedy back forty years...

It will be less mainstream. The PC attack on themes and language will make comedy less funny and merely amusing and the real adherents, fed up with Big Brother imposed mediocrity will move to the margins to avoid censure,

Comedy has been evolving ever since I know. With internet and other technologies, the whole essence has been changed. Either it's stand up comedy or improv, it is taking different forms. So based on this fact, I can easily say that with new technologies and latest techniques, comedy is expected to evolve further and whatever happens, comedy will never die because humour is something very natural.

What Poirot said. Also, humour might be natural but PC isn't yet is continuing to stifle humour through fear of public vilification and sackings in some cases.
However, PC has thrown up a whole new area for satire so, that could be the future of comedy. The best weapon has always been ridicule. Plenty of PC targets out there. Just read/watch the news.

In response to rising concerns about racism, sexism, ageism and a whole host of newly identified -isms, any comedy which relies on someone else's misfortune or which could possibly offend anyone will be banned.

I think it will be basically the same as it is now, but on hoverboards.

Quote: Gazzo @ 30th October 2014, 2:32 PM GMT

Do you think comedy will change in the future?

We've had a month and nothing's happened.

These things take time. There will be a public consultation, then a strategy document. There will be a Joke conference in Brussels and after a Memorandum of Misunderstanding has been signed, implementation will be phased in after the General Erection. (snigger)

Quote: Steve D @ 26th November 2014, 6:47 PM GMT

These things take time. There will be a public consultation, then a strategy document. There will be a Joke conference in Brussels and after a Memorandum of Misunderstanding has been signed, implementation will be phased in after the General Erection. (snigger)

That's pretty much on the money. In addition to the points you raised, you have omitted to include these milestones on the Comedic Legislative Programme 2015-2020 or CLP20152020 for short:

1 A discussion paper on why things are amusing, taking into consideration age, sex, race and whether the individual prefers Miranda or Frankie Boyle.

2 A formal response to the consultation document complete with statistical analysis, an implementation plan and at least three annexes.

3 The Government will publish all future legislative matters concerning comedies in a new Purple Book.