Revolver

Cannot find this in a search - anyone remember it from 2001? Series of weird sketches starring quite diverse actors from mostly the 1970s.

Started on BBC Choice - anyone remember that channel?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/3316139.stm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377251/

Yes - I vaguely remember it. It was well publicised because lots of the actors hadn't been on TV for a while.

Yes, I remember it and loved it. Have been searching, without luck, for copies of the show for years.

Good! I'm not alone :)

Not much on the IMDb about it apart from a couple of people getting quite heated about how bad it was; but all sketch show series cannot appeal to everyone of course, especially when they seem to be fans of in your face Benny Hill type of humour and probably wouldn't understand surreal (personally nothing against Benny, but the DVD I got a year ago was looking a bit dated).

I have got a few clips I saved, and here is one I posted elsewhere:-

Nicholas Smith (Mr Rumbold - AYBS) wakes to find himself in a coffin 6 foot under. Much perturbed (as you would be!!) he reaches down in his pocket, smiles and finds what he thinks, to his great relief, a mobile phone; but when he switches it on it plays the tune to, and turns out to be a Game Boy.........................

I'll try and post some screen grabs later.

I remember that one rather well! I seem to also recall Gorden Kaye as a farmer...

Here's the screen grabs I said I would post,
starting with the BBC Choice logo - anyone remember this channel?

There seemed to be a lot of close up work straight into camera,
as you will see - sorry I got a bit carried away!

Not sure who these last two actors are...........

I loved that sketch with Melvyn Hayes and Nicholas Smith (Rumbold in Are You Being Served) trying to deck a real hard man by hitting him repeatedly in the nuts, in a speeded-up film with Ace of Spades playing over it! :D

I thought it was a funny series - summat a bit different.