American comedy this season

Do you know any promising American comedy pilots or shows to watch this winter? It's already October, but nothing exciting has emerged from the United States of Golden Drama. Sure, some of the big-ticket shows are back from hiatus, but what's happened to NBC comedy Thursday? Well, at least there's Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

how about "Mr.Robinson"? heard of that?

I thought You're the Worst was decent, strong pilot for sure. Seems so long ago that Thursday nights would mean new Parks & Rec, the Office, Community, 30 Rock and Always Sunny.

...add Marry Me to the list.

Quote: Vince Ives @ 11th October 2014, 8:00 AM BST

I thought You're the Worst was decent, strong pilot for sure.

Thanks! I just finished the first season and really enjoyed it. These characters are the worst, but oh so real. Beause at the end of the day, I'm gonna leave you anyway...

Quote: Vince Ives @ 16th October 2014, 1:07 PM BST

...add Marry Me to the list.

Strong pilot despite the icky title.

How about Cougar Town? It's pretty amazing. Or Devious Maids, though it's not exactly a Comedy series, but worth the try!

I've started watching You're the Worst this week and am really enjoying it.

Quote: Dominique @ 27th October 2014, 2:54 AM GMT

How about Cougar Town? It's pretty amazing.

Yeah, it's returning for a last season in the spring.

After a wretched pilot, Selfie has turned into a solid little show. Still fully expect a cancellation though.

Quote: Vince Ives @ 6th November 2014, 5:11 PM GMT

After a wretched pilot, Selfie has turned into a solid little show. Still fully expect a cancellation though.

There we go: cancelled!

There's The League on Netflix, plus also Community and The American Office, or Parks and Recreation - last time I checked this was on BBC Four

Quote: Patrick Parkinson @ 23rd November 2014, 10:38 PM GMT

There's The League on Netflix, plus also Community and The American Office, or Parks and Recreation - last time I checked this was on BBC Four

None of those are new shows this season. One isn't even on anymore!

Lately I've been watching Cristela. Although it's great to see new talent in a family show that isn't afraid to explore darker humour, there are plenty of tired stereotypes and plot problems. Let's see if the show makes it until Christmas.

On another note, Getting On (US) is back for a second season. The US remake no longer follows Jo Brand's original script, making it essentially a new American show. It might also be the first show to successfully cross the Atlantic since the Office. Or what do you think?

'll recommend Cougar Town. That one is hilarious!