QI - Series L

The 12th series of QI, covering everything interesting beginning with "L", starts on 3rd October.

Sorry to say it's starting to loose its appeal for me. :(

The headfirst plunge into smut continues.

Quote: jhmagic1 @ 6th October 2014, 10:04 PM BST

Sorry to say it's starting to loose its appeal for me. :(

About F for me, which seems appropriate - all pretty predictable. >_<

If you manage to stay to Z, then well done you.

Quote: italophile @ 7th October 2014, 12:42 PM BST

The headfirst plunge into smut continues.

I didn't see any chimney sweeps at all... Geek

As I can't stand Munford and Vegas in the context of a panel show yeserday's edition of QI was lost from the start for me. :(

The smuttiness of the first episode of the series was raised in a letter to The Radio Times, apparently it received a huge number of complaints. Personally I put my foot through the TV and sent Sir Stephen Fry the bill.

I've never quite worked out why a magazine which is centred seems to have the Daily Mail's letter page.

Still more mention of soot...

It's very 'The Voice of Middle England', it's on my bucket list of things to be published on though. I particularly enjoy the adverts at the back for stairlifts, walk-in baths and acrylic vestments.

Back to QI, I see that my obscure crush, Frank Skinner's on the panel next week. It always beats me why he's never featured before?

The Alan Davies' buzzer joke really isn't funny or clever or anything good anymore.

The really should drop it.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 19th October 2014, 1:00 PM BST

Back to QI, I see that my obscure crush, Frank Skinner's on the panel next week. It always beats me why he's never featured before?

I'm sure he has, got a memory of them getting the ukulele out . . . according to Wiki he's been on twice which I think includes next week's appearance . . .

Quote: ScotiaNova @ 20th October 2014, 12:08 PM BST

I'm sure he has, got a memory of them getting the ukulele out . . . according to Wiki he's been on twice which I think includes next week's appearance . . .

Ooh, uke time! Looking forward to that :D

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 20th October 2014, 1:06 PM BST

Ooh, uke time! Looking forward to that :D

No that was the first time he was on, don't know what he'll do this week . . . he was first on Imbroglio . . . https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/qi/episodes/9/3/

Thank you for the link, I have odd recollections of the episode. Strange that he's not on more really?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 20th October 2014, 2:07 PM BST

Thank you for the link, I have odd recollections of the episode. Strange that he's not on more really?

Only so many slots for so many guests . . . then again they are overdoing it with the Australians virtually no one here has heard of (guess to placate the big Oz audience the show attracts) . . . some guests intentionally not doing it, Sean Lock hasn't been on it in years, but people think he's on it all the time due to repeats . . . personally I'd like to see more of Jim Moir on it and Rich Hall was another early regular who seems to have fallen off their guest list . . .