The Switzerland Thread Page 8

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 17th November 2014, 12:35 PM GMT

"What's not to get, you wally?"

Typical Scotchman....... Whistling nnocently

"What's not to get, you wally?"

16 teams fight for the title in elimination mode.
One encounter consists of five matches, best of three.

Day one: 2 singles
Day two: 1 doubles match
Day three: 2 singles (if necessary)

In 1981, the tiered system of competition was created, which remains in use today, and in which the 16 best national teams compete in the World Group and in which all other national teams compete in one of the four groups in one of the three regional zones.

What's the point of the other national teams getting their bats out if they can't play?

And I think there's contraceptives involved/

Is that because his mum got knocked out of Strictly?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 16th November 2014, 9:27 PM GMT

Yes...most probably back problems, that's his weak point for the last 2 or three years. This is not a catastrophe, BUT:
The Davis Cup final starts next friday...I'm quoting Corporal Jones: " Don't panic...don't panic!!!!!"
:(

Federer is playing...and he's about to lose. Never seen such a wooden performance by him before. Stupid back problems!

By bye Davis Cup!

Suprisingly the Swiss lads have won the doubles match. Now it's 2-1...doesn't look too bad at the moment for the first Swiss Davis Cup victory.
I know nobody except me gives a s*** here but I thought I mention it anyway.

"She's a scorcher!"

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 21st November 2014, 5:12 PM GMT

Federer is playing...and he's about to lose. Never seen such a wooden performance by him before. Stupid back problems!

By bye Davis Cup!

I'm confused, I thought his back was so bad he couldn't play?

He could/can play. But the injury affected his game so that he appeared to be a shadow of his former self...yesterday. Today he played much better. But it was "only" doubles and his partner Wawrinka was by far the best player on the court.
Federer's health (and his performance) will have to improve even further for his final match.

Go, go, go, go!!!!

Lovely jubbly!

Thanks guys, you're great!

So who did you beat? Uzbekhistan?

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd November 2014, 5:33 PM GMT

So who did you beat? Uzbekhistan?

"Wot doo you mean by 'Oooze-back-istan'? Sacre bleu!!!"

;)

I like the moo cow. But what did the cow have to do with tennis?

Quote: zooo @ 23rd November 2014, 6:49 PM GMT

I like the moo cow. But what did the cow have to do with tennis?

Ah, that picture was taken some years ago. Federer was playing the tournament of Gstaad (in Switzerland), a place in a mountain region. They gave him this cow to commemorate his Wimbledon title he has won the week before.

They gave him a cowwww?

I want a cow.

Quote: zooo @ 23rd November 2014, 6:57 PM GMT

They gave him a cowwww?

I want a cow.

We have this strange sports discipline called "Schwingen" here. It's a kind of wrestling...mostly fought by farmer's sons (yokels?).

If you win a tournament you'll normally be given a cow.

You see, come to Switzerland and the chances are good someone will give you a cow.