The Switzerland Thread Page 23

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st June 2016, 11:28 AM BST

"They don't like it up 'em!"

Watched parts of the opening ceremony of the Gotthard Tunnel on the telly. Even Angela Merkel and Francois Hollande were there...didn't see your "chap" though.

Congratulations on your new hole!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 1st June 2016, 9:03 PM BST

"They don't like it up 'em!"

Dunno, quite pleasant I am given to understand, and some get off on it. >_<

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 1st June 2016, 9:03 PM BST

Watched parts of the opening ceremony of the Gotthard Tunnel on the telly. Even Angela Merkel and Francois Hollande were there...didn't see your "chap" though.

Nothin' to do with us bruv - we stick enough f**king money into Europe as it is.
Angry

Did notice on the news though that the French, Germans and Italians were there to celebrate this great achievement; but no mention of the Swiss. Laughing out loud

Halftime.

Not a great game but ok. Now that the Albanians are one player short my chaps should win this easily. Don't f**k this up guys.

English commentator "Half the team have connections with Switzerland and 5 of the Swiss have links with Albania" Wha? :S

Look at the names of some of the Swiss, Shaqiri, Mehmedi, Xhaka...typical Albanian names. They all have Albanian roots.

Xhaka's brother plays for Albania, several of the Abanian players play in the Swiss league and so on.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 11th June 2016, 2:57 PM BST

Not a great game but ok. Now that the Albanians are one player short my chaps should win this easily. Don't f**k this up guys.

Nearly 1-1.

Yes, that was close. Switzerland won't survive the group stage with two more performances like this. Pull your fingers out!!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 11th June 2016, 6:21 PM BST

Yes, that was close. Switzerland won't survive the group stage with two more performances like this. Pull your fingers out!!

I missed that match. :(

Quote: A Horseradish @ 11th June 2016, 6:29 PM BST

I missed that match. :(

You didn't miss much. A lucky goal in the fifth minute, a red card in minute 37, lots of fouls. And several blackouts in the Swiss defence which nearly cost the victory.

Tomorrow: Switzerland vs. Romania

Already nervous. It's like a final, we've got to win because we surely won't have a chance against France. And after our performance in the first match I'm not sure if we'll manage to reach even a draw against Romania.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 30th April 2016, 9:21 PM BST

FC Basel wins the Swiss league for the 7th time in a row. This time 5 rounds before the end of season. Well done guys!

Sounds about as boring as Bayern Munich.

Quote: Chappers @ 14th June 2016, 10:28 PM BST

Sounds about as boring as Bayern Munich.

Yes. But it's bearable if it's your team that wins every year. :D

Well, 1-1 against Romania. The guys played a lot better than in the first match but the result is a bit disappointing. We've had lots of chances to win this game. And we're not through yet...in fact, it's possible we don't reach the 1/8 finals. :(

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 15th June 2016, 7:24 PM BST

Yes. But it's bearable if it's your team that wins every year. :D

Well, 1-1 against Romania. The guys played a lot better than in the first match but the result is a bit disappointing. We've had lots of chances to win this game. And we're not through yet...in fact, it's possible we don't reach the 1/8 finals. :(

You won't be alone after this afternoon. ;)

Let's annoy the frogs tonight! Pirate