The Switzerland Thread Page 20

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th October 2015, 7:22 PM BST

And this:-

"On Tipping Point this afternoon, one of the questions was who did Andy Murray beat in straight sets in the tennis final of the 2012 Olympics." Whistling nnocently

Can you remember Gordon? :D

Stay away, evil one!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 17th October 2015, 7:17 PM BST

Spanish players beat the Swiss tennis cracks > Herc comments with an OLÉ!! > Gordon replies by posting a pic of a bull impaling a torrero

... > zooo is disgusted with mindless violence against animals, bohoo!

> Gordon tries to console her by posting a pic of a "torrero" with a cat and a gay moustache...

I decided to go to a Bullfight in Portugal because they don't actually kill the bulls. Ultimately I found this even worse.

Quote: Chappers @ 17th October 2015, 9:14 PM BST

I decided to go to a Bullfight in Portugal because they don't actually kill the bulls. Ultimately I found this even worse.

Cock & bull story.

In this episode of Great Continental Railway Journeys Michael Portillo travels through Switzerland. He begins with my hometown Basel and interviews a professor from my university.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zwViBE5iWTc

How nice for you. :) Mr.Portillo presents a very good programme AND he listens to what people say and shows a genuine interest, not the usual "noddies"

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 27th October 2015, 9:32 PM GMT

In this episode of Great Continental Railway Journeys Michael Portillo travels through Switzerland. He begins with my hometown Basel and interviews a professor from my university.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zwViBE5iWTc

But....can you offer your fellow BCG users 'manifold points of pleasure'? If so, I'll charter a coach and ferry for the journey.

Cor.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 28th October 2015, 4:26 PM GMT

But....can you offer your fellow BCG users 'manifold points of pleasure'? If so, I'll charter a coach and ferry for the journey.

But seriously, Basel is beautiful and has a lot to offer to people who are interested in culture and arts. And it does rain an awful lot so you Brits should feel at home here.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 28th October 2015, 8:16 PM GMT

But seriously, Basel is beautiful and has a lot to offer to people who are interested in culture and arts. And it does rain an awful lot so you Brits should feel at home here.

:D

And it does rain an awful lot so you Brits should feel at home here.

Switzerland/Snow Snow/Switzerland Switzerland/Snow Snow/Switzerland - No? :(

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th October 2015, 8:27 PM GMT

"It's very flat, Norfolk."

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th October 2015, 8:27 PM GMT

I know Switzerland is known to be neutral but climate change doesn't stop at the German and French borders. We didn't have real Winters here for the last three or four years.
Besides that, I live in Basel, not on top of the bloody Matterhorn.

P.S.: Is there something wrong with the quote function?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 28th October 2015, 9:19 PM GMT

P.S.: Is there something wrong with the quote function?

Nope. :D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th October 2015, 10:16 PM GMT

Nope. :D

There seemed to be earlier.