Would I Lie To You? - Series 8 Page 3

Very rarely watch panel shows (very rarely watch anything on a Friday night, as I'm normally out), but when I'm about I always watch this, such an elegant concept and the team capts are superb.

Jesus, that Westlife guy last night was shit, wasn't he? Clearly couldn't even remember the formula for "This is X and..." in the middle round.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th September 2014, 8:08 AM BST

Always enjoyed this one - David Mitchell has me in stitches. Laughing out loud

David Mitchell is just brilliant! He's one of my favourite TV performers, but Mitchell paired with Mack is even better. They know exactly how to push eash other's buttons.

But, what's happened to Mitchell lately? He used to be the panel show prince, and now I can hardly remember his last guest appearance. Ok, he did an episode of Cats does Countdown, but he was surprisingly rubbish at the game. Has he started saying no to panel shows or have they just stopped asking him?

Quote: bloopergast @ 6th October 2014, 8:01 PM BST

David Mitchell is just brilliant! He's one of my favourite TV performers, but Mitchell paired with Mack is even better. They know exactly how to push eash other's buttons.

But, what's happened to Mitchell lately? He used to be the panel show prince, and now I can hardly remember his last guest appearance. Ok, he did an episode of Cats does Countdown, but he was surprisingly rubbish at the game. Has he started saying no to panel shows or have they just stopped asking him?

I shouldn't think he was short of a bob or two, especially since he married Victoria. Perhaps he's being a bit more fussy about what he does.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th October 2014, 8:13 PM BST

I shouldn't think he was short of a bob or two, especially since he married Victoria. Perhaps he's being a bit more fussy about what he does.

Makes sense, as he's also written a new book: https://www.comedy.co.uk/shop/david_mitchell_2014_book/

Quote: bloopergast @ 7th October 2014, 1:25 PM BST

Makes sense, as he's also written a new book: https://www.comedy.co.uk/shop/david_mitchell_2014_book/

Didn't they have a dig at him about it on WILTY? Ummm, not sure but don't remember seeing him on anything else.

Peep Show, Mitchell & Webb and I'm especially surprised you haven't heard the radio QI, The Unbelievable Truth...

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 7th October 2014, 8:46 PM BST

Peep Show, Mitchell & Webb and I'm especially surprised you haven't heard the radio QI, The Unbelievable Truth...

Duh, "But, what's happened to Mitchell lately?" from bloopergast That was the original question.

On a lighter note - have only just had the chance to watch last Friday's prog. - f**king hysterical! David and Lee were on fire. Laughing out loud

So good we hardly heard from Blumenthal and whotsherface. Byrne and Juppy were excellent too.

Quote: fasty @ 8th October 2014, 5:55 PM BST

Byrne and Juppy were excellent too.

Yes, they were - on reflection I would put that one on the top of my list of best WILTY shows..........if I had one.

Quote: fasty @ 8th October 2014, 5:55 PM BST

So good we hardly heard from Blumenthal and whotsherface. Byrne and Juppy were excellent too.

Emilia looked like she might have made a much better contribution than Heston (her "meow!" was actually one of the biggest laughs I had) but just got screwed by the edit.

Quote: cwickham @ 10th October 2014, 11:39 AM BST

Emilia looked like she might have made a much better contribution than Heston (her "meow!" was actually one of the biggest laughs I had) but just got screwed by the edit.

Fell in love with her Lovey when she made an appearance in the 2000 remake of Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased) with Vic and Bob.

Quote: cwickham @ 10th October 2014, 11:39 AM BST

Emilia looked like she might have made a much better contribution but just got screwed by the edit.

Presumably the edit is there to include only the best bits? ;)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 10th October 2014, 12:39 PM BST

Fell in love with her Lovey when she made an appearance in the 2000 remake of Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased) with Vic and Bob.

Me too. Got the DVDs just for her.

Is Citizen Khan replacing this before it's finished its run? BCG has both down for 31 October at 8.30pm.