Would I Lie To You? - Series 8 Page 2

I expect most/all of Brydon's stuff is scripted by other people. (Not that he's not funny himself.)

All the questions have to be written, of course.

Quote: bobdabilda @ 15th September 2014, 5:37 PM BST

The attraction for me is the ad-libbing and quick retorts especially from Mitchell and Mack......but I have now just noticed there are 11 script writers listed.....what are they writing???? How scripted is it? Are there ANY ad-libs?

Good point - 11 Wow! Didn't notice that.

Quote: Nogget @ 15th September 2014, 6:29 PM BST

All the questions have to be written, of course.

Yes, but there's not that many, and very little research required I would have thought.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th September 2014, 8:13 PM BST

Yes, but there's not that many

Exactly; just think how much editing they must have done to reduce them so much.

That Rob Beckett didn't have a lot to say for himself last night (whoever he is) and did he have a set of those wind-up joke teeth in his gob?

As always a very entertaining episode.

Funny you should mention Rob Beckett, because this week he's been on Mock the Week, on 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown AND on WILTY. Not that I'm complaining, he can be very funny and quick-witted.

Quote: Agnostik @ 21st September 2014, 12:02 AM BST

Funny you should mention Rob Beckett, because this week he's been on Mock the Week, on 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown AND on WILTY. Not that I'm complaining, he can be very funny and quick-witted.

But like I said - didn't have much input on WILTY, so don't know if he's funny.

Has funny teeth though - does that count?

Was in St. Petersburg (Leningrad) in 1977 - my God that Winter Palace!! Makes Buck House look like a garden shed, and the Hermitage museum - WOW.

He seems to be fully aware that he has funny teeth

Did he have 'em done 'specially?

I don't think so mate.

Tongue in cheek

Wasn't Graeme Garden's lie that he had pigs named after newsreaders a rip off of Kirsty Young's truth that she had chickens named after newsreaders?

These were both in previous series, by the way.

I used to like him in the Banana Split Show.