Bill Kerr

Last of the great triumvirate - Hancock, James and Kerr age 92.

RIP Bill.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/000001592/bill_kerr_dies_age_92_hancock_star/

Very sad news indeed. A fantastic talent.

Oh no! Teary

RIP Bill - I will have to get out and play "Bill and Father Christmas"

What a great age though. :)

Rip Bill.

another great legend gone but not forgotten Teary Teary

(BILL) "Don't you understand? I don't want to be normal! I don't want to be like everybody else!"

(SID) "Oh shut up and put your trousers on..."

Bill was an integral part of those early Hancock radio shows. Will remember him fondly.

RIP.

RIP The boy from Wagga Wagga.

A great comedy performer in his own right. What a shame :(

He lived to a ripe old age but I'm saddened about this news. I know little about his broad career so he is the Hancock programmes in my mind. And HHH will for ever be my all time favourite radio comedy programme.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 29th August 2014, 8:24 PM BST

He lived to a ripe old age but I'm saddened about this news. I know little about his broad career so he is the Hancock programmes in my mind. And HHH will for ever be my all time favourite radio comedy programme.

BIG Hancock fan here!!!!!!! NEVER tire of listening to The Lad from East Cheam and latterly Earl's Court.

:)

Tony, Sid, Bill, Hattie and a bit of Kenneth - what a team!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th August 2014, 3:46 PM BST

Oh no! Teary

RIP Bill - I will have to get out and play "Bill and Father Christmas"

What a great age though. :)

The one in the link is, for my money, one of the best of the three of them - The Last Bus Home.

'There's a bus coming!'

'Where where?'

'Oh, no, it's a lorry.'

As you say a ripe old age
I had no idea he was still alive
Loved Hancock, & Bill was great
RIP

Quote: Oldrocker @ 30th August 2014, 12:09 AM BST

The one in the link is, for my money, one of the best of the three of them - The Last Bus Home.

'There's a bus coming!'

'Where where?'

'Oh, no, it's a lorry.'

Well, if you were to pin me down and I had one choice to take on Desert Island Discs (one day Laughing out loud ) it would have to be Sunday Afternoon at Home. Laughter all the way for me and so true to life as it reminds me so much of those boring Sunday afternoons when there was absolutely nothing to do! (Also regularly voted the best by the THAS)

So many great lines............

Hancock's summing up of Grizelda's dinner:-

"At least my Mother's gravy used to move about a bit, yours just lies there and sets"

'That's the goodness in it.'

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th August 2014, 9:19 PM BST

BIG Hancock fan here!!!!!!! NEVER tire of listening to The Lad from East Cheam and latterly Earl's Court.

:)

Tony, Sid, Bill, Hattie and a bit of Kenneth - what a team!

Ditto - and I am very pleased to hear you like it. The best team ever assembled. It doesn't date to my mind.

Your Sunday example should be old hat now. Garden centres are open, supermarkets, bowling alleys, there's rock festivals in the summer. And even though there is all that activity, Sundays still feel exactly the same.

As I have written before, there is no place called East Cheam but I lived for 13 years a quarter of a mile to the East of Cheam. The Hancock link was one of the few good things about it. It was East Cheam to me.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 30th August 2014, 2:00 PM BST

'That's the goodness in it.'

Tony: "That's the 'alf a pound of flour you put in it! Oh, dear! What a life! It's Sunday, with a rotten dinner, it's rainin' and I've got nothin' to do!"

Hattie: "There's plenty of jobs you can do round the house!"

Tony: "It's day of rest - I'm not mendin' your bed again."

Laughing out loud Love it!

And we must feature Bill!

Tony: "Well, it makes you sick. I hate Sundays."

Sid: "So do I. There's one week and there always 'as been and there's nothin' we can do about it."

Tony: "It's not like this on the Continent: it's there big day over there. All the cafes open and football matches and race meetings - everybody's gay Aahh! Not over 'ere though! Everything's shut up."

Sid: "I wish you would!"

Tony: (Sigh) "What's the time?"

Bill: "Err.. The little hand's on two and the big hand's on three.. That's.. err. three minutes past two."

Tony: "It is a quarter past two!"

Ahh, the innocent mention of gay..........