Big School - Series 2 Page 2

Quote: G180e @ 29th August 2014, 10:24 PM BST

just this opening episode was funnier than Series 1 combined.

If that's the case I'm very glad I didn't watch series 1! A few laughs, but nowhere near enough and I won't be bothering with it again.

The concept/Style (if there is one) is not very convincing...confusing would be a better word to describe it. But there are some very good comedy actors involved with this, they manage to make me endure an episode. Not sure if I'll watch it again though.

I couldn't bear more than 5 mins of it. Most mainstream shows can pull in big name actors, it doesn't mean it'll be any good. Actors are a pretty mercenary bunch who'll do whatever they're offered to keep up their preferred lifestyle.

What makes a sitcom good or bad is the script, it's pretty much all about the script. Walliams is one of these drama school grad show offs who thinks he can naturally do every trade there is. He'll be directing and producing next with equally wobbly results.

Yes, good performances, but a pretty lame script. Some predictable gags and a lamentably weak sub-plot in the careers workshop, which resulted in two sadly similar set-piece on-stage bitching contests.

Anyway, I see Jimmy Akingbola joins them next week, so I'll tune in if only to see him.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 30th August 2014, 10:10 AM BST

Actors are a pretty mercenary bunch who'll do whatever they're offered to keep up their preferred lifestyle.

Yes, how dare they do anything that isn't perfect and artistically groundbreaking in order to earn a living... Rolling eyes

Fairly average.

Just watched this on iPlayer, it was again another strong episode which provided some good funny scenes such as Mr Church losing his shoe!

Only got one laugh out of me - and they had to resort to a naked blind black bloke with his cock out to get that.
And if Walliams wants us to believe for a second there might be a hint of something between him and Catherine Tate ( one of the main plot drivers) he needs to lay off the homo-erotic gags.
And what's with Philip Glenister's hand?
It seems in the absence of a believable character he's invented a bizarre physical deformity.
And another phoned in performance from Miss Jones.

The whole thing - like Boomers - is an example of execs throwing celebs at bad writing - because celebs is all they understand.
Rotten.

Thought it was a bit better, but only just. Certainly isn't going to be a classic.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 30th August 2014, 10:10 AM BST

I couldn't bear more than 5 mins of it. Most mainstream shows can pull in big name actors, it doesn't mean it'll be any good. Actors are a pretty mercenary bunch who'll do whatever they're offered to keep up their preferred lifestyle.

What makes a sitcom good or bad is the script, it's pretty much all about the script. Walliams is one of these drama school grad show offs who thinks he can naturally do every trade there is. He'll be directing and producing next with equally wobbly results.

Couldn't agree more.

It's too stupid. How are we supposed to believe in a teacher who can't pronounce 'geography'? It's more like a children's show, perhaps one from my long distant childhood, not more recent smarter stuff like Horrible Histories.

Frances De La Tour is brilliant.

Slightly better

6/10 Must try harder.

A broody Catherine Tate looking rather sexy though :P

I liked the first series so I'm looking forward to watching this on catch-up when I get a chance. I just hope it's as funny as the first series.

Quote: Fazza @ 14th September 2014, 3:55 PM BST

I liked the first series so I'm looking forward to watching this on catch-up when I get a chance. I just hope it's as funny as the first series.

Oh don't worry, this new series is just as funny as the first. I really enjoyed this week's episode too. Mr Gunn thinking Ryan was his son and getting him to shout "Oosh" was a particular highlight.

Quote: G180e @ 14th September 2014, 6:06 PM BST

Oh don't worry, this new series is just as funny as the first. I really enjoyed this week's episode too. Mr Gunn thinking Ryan was his son and getting him to shout "Oosh" was a particular highlight.

Nyah.