Lovejoy/Miss Lovejoy?

Lovejoy would seem to be returning, but with Lovejoy's daughter, Vikki playing the main part. Not sure if they're basing them on the Jonathan Gash stories? Or if Phyllis Logan or Joanna Lumley will be making a return? (The latter was only in three eps, but it seems more)

https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/ian-mcshane-has-been-offered-lovejoy-return-92422372911.html

He doesn't actually say there's a new series coming out. He just suggests having Lovejoy's daughter as the main role if it did come back. Just seems like a suggestive headline by Yahoo.

Great move by the Beeb then, it's one of their most popular shows of all time and even with MacShane in a background role it's a winner. The female lead is a good idea, will freshen it up.

I'd like to see a return to its early form, with a Gimbert like landlord on Lovejoy's back, a comedy drama style script and the occasional flashing of tits.

I always thought Lady Jane was such a classy bird making Ms Lumley look common. I know she's Scottish but having seen her in other things since I can't imagine Phyllis Logan coming back as Lady Jane.

Loved the show though. Being repeated at the moment about 5 o'clock on Drama or somewhere else.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 27th July 2014, 12:14 PM BST

Great move by the Beeb then, it's one of their most popular shows of all time and even with MacShane in a background role it's a winner. The female lead is a good idea, will freshen it up.

I'd like to see a return to its early form, with a Gimbert like landlord on Lovejoy's back, a comedy drama style script and the occasional flashing of tits.

It's not actually coming back, Alfred!

I was getting excited - then I saw the interview.

Nowhere does it say it could or will happen.

Apparently the news is that it might be coming back.

I don't think it's a good idea
it won't be as valuable as the old series

It was of its time, leave if dead and buried.

I was in a telephone conference with Ian McShane once when there was talk of doing four film long episodes co-produced by an American TV company. It didn't transpire due to issues... not their making. Ian went on to do some retro western series or other, I often wonder what happened to him.

Quote: Will Cam @ 18th January 2015, 3:26 PM GMT

It was of its time, leave if dead and buried.

Couldn't agree more. Good series.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 18th January 2015, 10:51 AM GMT

I don't think it's a good idea
it won't be as valuable as the old series

;)