The Mimic - Series 2

Couldn't find a thread on this, please merge/close if I've missed it.

Do people like this? I'm a big admitrier. I think there's a smidgen too much pathos for my liking, but I like the slow, subtle nature of it...although that's not to say it's not definitely, and deliberately I imagine, got plenty fo classic sitcom tricks and tropes (public embarrassment, difficult dates), not to mention elegant wordplay (milkin' it, strap-on, and the genius name Celpharm). The best of the show for me are the pinpoint references, and conversational quirks (salsacise, Curly-Wurlies).

Weirdly, I don't think the guy is that great an impressionst, really - but I don't really like impression comedy anyway, so I guess that's immaterial.

Just me, then. Laughing out loud

Although, having said that, I felt that there was rather too much happening in the last 2 episodes - sit com series 2 syndrome, isn't it? Trying to find stuff for them all to do.

However, the line about Kermit being on Sesame St relating to Jesus being in the Koran really cracked me up.

I missed the second series when it was on, so going to catch up on All4. Great first episode so far, lots of nice little gags. Yes, he's not the best at voices but they're often good enough to get the joke across.

Trying not to binge watch it though, trying to savour it instead.