Trying Again

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/trying_again/

I am looking forward to this because of Jo Joyner she is a very good actor

I don't believe you, you're enthusiastic about everything, so I suspect you're trying to trick us into liking bad comedy.

Well it's only episode one but I thought the main characters lacked interest. I didn't really care for either of them. Will watch on with interest though.

I watched the first two episodes On Demand last night, can't say it really grabbed me to be honest. Although, there was a few chuckles along the way.

Quote: sootyj @ 21st April 2014, 9:26 PM BST

I don't believe you, you're enthusiastic about everything, so I suspect you're trying to trick us into liking bad comedy.

To be fair to ComedyGeek I've seen them start threads for things they didn't even care about. At one point I genuinely thought they were an automated tool Aaron created to make threads for shows that didn't already have one.

Seen a few clips and looks alright so should be a good show to be honest.

Quote: Raymond Terrific @ 22nd April 2014, 5:44 PM BST

automated tool

snigger snigger hayuck hayuck arf arf

Quote: G180e @ 22nd April 2014, 5:30 PM BST

I watched the first two episodes On Demand last night, can't say it really grabbed me to be honest. Although, there was a few chuckles along the way.

I think that's how the whole series has been for me. Some laughs, some very questionable plots. Are people watching it? Very few comments.

I've noticed this is not in the Sitcoms thread. How come when Episodes and Trip to Italy are classified as such (rightfully)?

Trying Again is classified as a comedy drama (and sometimes just 'drama') by Sky. It's not our place to decide if it's actually something different; we just report comedy.

Whatever it is, I've been really enjoying the series. Not hilarious by any means but some good laughs and an interesting premise.

I like this. I think it is a great comedy-slash-drama sitcom.

Quote: Aaron @ 31st May 2014, 12:22 AM BST

Trying Again is classified as a comedy drama (and sometimes just 'drama') by Sky. It's not our place to decide if it's actually something different; we just report comedy.

That's actually very refreshing. It should always come from the creators. It's a shame there isn't much consistency as I've seen it called a sitcom loads while The Trip has been a comedy in loads of places. Confusing for people wanting to discuss it on here, maybe, but you've got the right criteria where others judge it themselves. ;)

I wish the obvious conflict in this sitcom wasn't set up so unrealistically at times. The house-warming party and being so heavily involved with the engagement party just doesn't seem natural.

Watched a few on catch up...

Of things out there this is as good as anything. Nice script and gentle laughter. Well written so good enough for a few laughs. Very well thought out and acted.