Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy - Series 2

I hope the next series of Luxury Comedy is scheduled soon. I've seen an interview with Noel and he's said the second series is set in a coffee shop... should be interesting. He wanted Julian Barratt to be in it as well. Hope that's happened!

We're expecting it to begin at the end of July. Series 2 DVD is already available for pre-order: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/noel_fieldings_luxury_comedy/buy/3828/

Surprised to see this getting another series after the mauling the last one got. I seem to remember finding a few bits hilarious, but the rest rather self indulgent twaddle.

Quote: Rupert Nitrogen @ 13th April 2014, 5:19 PM BST

the second series is set in a coffee shop... should be interesting. He wanted Julian Barratt to be in it

Throw in a mystic shaman and a talking gorilla, plus a plot and few comedy songs each week and I think Noel will be onto a winner.

Noel Fielding is everything that is wrong with the world and specifically western society.

Yes, he has killed and oppressed many millions of people. Oh, wait...

Quote: zooo @ 2nd May 2014, 11:39 PM BST

Yes, he has killed and oppressed many millions of people. Oh, wait...

That's not actually true.

Fr srs?

Just watched the BCG trailer and am really looking forward to this. I remember when Series 1 started off wondering what the heck but by the end I was won over. Hail Noel!

I can't wait either. :)
Yay!

wow,this utter toss gets a second series?
really?
i suppose all the people who hated it must be wrong
broke the first rule of a comedy show
in that it wasn't funny.
at least we know who the brains behind the boosh was now

Quote: gon gon @ 24th July 2014, 10:29 AM BST

wow,this utter toss gets a second series?
really?
i suppose all the people who hated it must be wrong
broke the first rule of a comedy show
in that it wasn't funny.
at least we know who the brains behind the boosh was now

No no, silly. All the people who liked it were wrong. You are right. Only you. About everything.

P.S. Don't forget to use capital letters, as per the rules of the forum. :)

From what I'm reading it looks as though there will be more structure to this series while still maintaining its outlandishness.

I like that surreal type of humour. I thought at times it worked wonderfully in the 1st series, particularly with Fantasy Man. It was also quite loose at times with little cohesion.

With a story giving structure to Fielding's wonderfully imaginative world I have to say I am very much looking forward to seeing what he has come up with.

Yes, with any truly original show, you expect it to be a bit 'hit and miss'; but I felt there could have been more 'hits' last time around.

Quote: Nogget @ 24th July 2014, 2:41 PM BST

Yes, with any truly original show, you expect it to be a bit 'hit and miss'; but I felt there could have been more 'hits' last time around.

or indeed any hits

Quote: zooo @ 24th July 2014, 11:00 AM BST

No no, silly. All the people who liked it were wrong. You are right. Only you. About everything.

P.S. Don't forget to use capital letters, as per the rules of the forum. :)

now you're getting it