Fantasy Football League

Anyone here a fan of this?

This was one of my favourite shows when I was a teen, so funny. Especially Statto.

I've been trying to get hold of every episode, but it's not easy. I need two to complete my collection, from Series 1.

No takers on this? It was very popular in the mid 90s.

When was it last on?

I didn't watch the original series, but I did watch it when they ran it during the World Cup/Euros, and thought they did a good job - worked well as a light-hearted bonus to the main event.

Do you watch/like Soccer AM on Sky?

The Alan Davies radio show on 5Live during the last Euros was pretty good too.

If you liked World Cup and Euro 2004 - You'd adore the original series, the later series are sorely average by comparison.

The BBC series was an actual Fantasy Football League, so the guests were competing 'managers', and it was fun when all their teams were taken the pi** out of...add that to all the funny sketches, phoenix from the flames, statto etc...you've got a classic. Just need to find someone who has all the series 1 episodes.

I do watch Soccer AM if I happen to switch it on, I will watch it but I don't go out of my way too - The Frankie Fryer character is inspired and never fails to make me laugh, though I think the two hosts are quite uninspiring.

Alan Davies is a gooner so its hard to stomach him...lol.

Quote: Stevie81 @ 9th April 2014, 3:08 PM BST

If you liked World Cup and Euro 2004 - You'd adore the original series, the later series are sorely average by comparison.

The BBC series was an actual Fantasy Football League, so the guests were competing 'managers', and it was fun when all their teams were taken the pi** out of...add that to all the funny sketches, phoenix from the flames, statto etc...you've got a classic. Just need to find someone who has all the series 1 episodes.

I do watch Soccer AM if I happen to switch it on, I will watch it but I don't go out of my way too - The Frankie Fryer character is inspired and never fails to make me laugh, though I think the two hosts are quite uninspiring.

Alan Davies is a gooner so its hard to stomach him...lol.

Are you Tottingham then? :D

Davies' allegiance doesn't bother me unduly.

Just need to find someone who has all the series 1 episodes.

Have you tried club Forums, eg Spurs?

http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?forums/

Or maybe Chelski, or Baggies forums for any Baddiel/Skinner diehards?

Chortle might be worth trying too.

Even local freebie rags like Friday Ad might be worth a punt.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 10th April 2014, 1:14 PM BST

Are you Tottingham then? :D

Davies' allegiance doesn't bother me unduly.

It shouldn't bother me either, but there's an overriding smugness about him, which doesn't sit well.

Have you tried club Forums, eg Spurs?

http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?forums/

Or maybe Chelski, or Baggies forums for any Baddiel/Skinner diehards?

Dude, I have tried so much, I have scoured the internet to the limits! I have tried some footy forums, had a bit of joy on a Liverpool one. I could try West Brom, good shout.

Chortle might be worth trying too.

What's Chortle?

Comedy site/forum, aimed more at stand-ups:

http://forums.chortle.co.uk/

What are you doing, George? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!

Quote: Stevie81 @ 10th April 2014, 3:26 PM BST

What's Chortle?

Correct answer

Now move along there's nothing to see here

Quote: Stevie81 @ 10th April 2014, 3:26 PM BST

What's Chortle?

It's a less popular site than the BCG. I've checked the web traffic and BCG is the King.

Sorry for using the "C" word, folks. :)

I've never heard of it but it sounds horrendous

I loved it, it was my favourite programme on Television for a few years.

I remember Baddiel and Skinner were both participants in the original Radio 5 Show. I thought it was a great idea to transfer it to Television and it worked really well there.

I'm not sure Skinner was on the radio was he? I think it was Baddiel and someone else (not Newman) and Skinner came aboard, at the suggestion of flatmate Baddiel when it went to TV.

Just a bump of this thread to link my YT channel which features some ultra rare episodes of this show

https://www.youtube.com/user/GinolasSon/videos

Still after S01E17 so if anyone can assist me, I'd be very grateful.