Warren United

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/warren_united/

I am going to watch this. Looks good and sounds great, how about you?

This was a travesty to the concept of life and existence.

It was like some middle aged guy, after no thought or heart in writing whatsoever for his whole life suddenly after an evening sitting in his chair, thought 'I miss the football lols, I could exaggerate that into a sitcom lols and how my family get annoyed with me lols and then even add a bit about how I'm rubbish at DIY lols '.

It was like when a soap has a fun cheesy football story-line but for a whole episode.

He loves football so much! That's hilarious!

I'd rather watch Shane Richie play five-a-side with Max Branning.

I was surprised to see one of the main plots being about someone who is bored. Those scenes had the same effect on me. Also, for a first episode about a football-fanatic, to show him off-season was a bit of an own-goal!

This is a good series so far.

Really quite poor. Can't see a good English cartoon coming anytime soon.

Hi does anyone know where I can watch this online as I am in Australia.

I had it on without really watching anything as I tend to do. ITV4 is my main default channel. Animation looked good but American. I prefer the quainter British style of animation myself.

Like the fact ITV4 commissioned it but 10 to 15mins is the right length for animated sitcoms IMO, 30mins is the WRONG length, way too long for a cartoon and they rarely work. I often struggled to get through The Simpsons even if they were good episodes.

They really missed an opportunity here. It's an ITV production or at very least it's on ITV! So why not put it on after the footie or at half time? It could be full of "in jokes" and references to the football. Not just a vague idea that this guy likes football, most people LIKE football, not really a strong character trait is it? How long are they going to keep the football/family man dynamic up? I bet it won't take long before the football isn't even referenced in an episode. It would have made much more sense to base the whole show on two characters sat watching the footie in either a stadium/pub/home and have them just reference their families occasional as these people who "inconvience" their football habit by having to spend time with them. They could add real depth character building done really subtle and then when we ever DO meet the families we see that the two main characters are actually good husbands/fathers and everything they say is just them joking.

But instead what we have is a thin concept, poor jokes and very clichéd plots. But then it is ITV, so no big shock there.

Quote: Scartledge @ 23rd April 2014, 11:58 PM BST

Really quite poor. Can't see a good English cartoon coming anytime soon.

Have you seen "Meet the Newmans" yet?

Quote: Lee @ 24th April 2014, 4:25 PM BST

It would have made much more sense to base the whole show on two characters sat watching the footie in either a stadium/pub/home and have them just reference their families occasional as these people who "inconvience" their football habit by having to spend time with them. They could add real depth character building done really subtle and then when we ever DO meet the families we see that the two main characters are actually good husbands/fathers and everything they say is just them joking.

Thanks for the ideas!

Go for it Chappers!

Quote: Chappers @ 24th April 2014, 9:06 PM BST

Have you seen "Meet the Newmans" yet?

No, I've not. I'll give it a go. Cheers.

I agree with the general consensus that this wasn't that great. I think ITV know that by dumping it on ITV4 as well.

How dare they dump a crap show on ITV4 it's where Magnum lives.