Get Some In! Page 2

Quote: Chappers @ 19th April 2015, 10:09 PM BST

Was he a British Airman in 'Allo 'Allo!?

Yup. Flt. Lt. Fairfax.

Talfryn Thomas

Yes, he was in episode 1.

Just looked it up and here is a cast-list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZRo2fYVBVY

Do I have to play it backwards to hear the cast-list? Like in the 60s...spooky! ;)

That is a Queen song!

I remembered it as a kid and recently purchased the box set containing all the series. Very much of its time but still priceless comedy. To answer the post about why it is un-pc now, it's the various names that Tony Selby calls the servicemen, common place back in the 70s but now no TV company would dare to accept it. Explains why it never shows up on UK Gold!

Anyway, the box set is dirt cheap and well worth a purchase.

Currently being shown on the Forces TV channel

http://www.forces.tv

Watching the box set now. It's not aged too badly for a sitcom, although you do wince everytime the dialogue faetures the "N" word or something similar.

I'm about three series into this and really enjoying it. I think that sometimes it feels like the episodes end at a strange point and don't quite seem to round off enough, especially in the first series, but I love the characters and cast. It's true that they do fit into some definite comedy stereotypes - the goodie, the rebel, the 'normal one', the token Scot - but sometimes that familiarity is what you want in a sitcom. And from what I've seen so far there are some clever plots :D

Just started a run (? hadn't noticed it before) on the newly discovered (by me thanks to BB) Forces TV and am finding it funnier than I remember. Certainly worth a look on Virgin 277.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th August 2017, 9:13 AM

on the newly discovered (by me thanks to BB) Forces TV .

I aim to pleaseUnimpressed

He was a Teddy Boy wasn't he - 3 f's Smith?
Right up your street Hercules - or were you a rocker/greaser?

Teds were a tad early even for me! Cool

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th August 2017, 9:13 AM

Just started a run

I thought you were a bit old for that. I know I am!

Has just started from the beginning on TPTV for anyone interested. Pretty basic stuff. I can't remember if it got any better but I hope so. Selby was a decent comedy actor though looking at this.

If I remember correctly, it wasn't a bad series but it wasn't a patch on The Army Game.