Uncle - Series 1 Page 4

I'm still watching this and I am really enjoying it. This week's episode had its good moments, especially when Andy was juggling between the girls. Laughing out loud

Yep, still watching, still laughing! I didn't expect much to start with, but this has turned out to be one of my favourite new comedies from the last few years.

Got quite bored of the bedroom farce element of this week's; not because I find it unfeasible that Andy attracts women, but just because it's not hugely interesting. An episode with Errol and the crazy sponsor in the same place would have been more fun, I think.

Still, it is a surprisingly good effort for a BBC Three sitcom about a naughty uncle, I was not expecting big things, to say the least.

Quote: gappy @ 14th February 2014, 10:13 PM GMT

Got quite bored of the bedroom farce element of this week's; not because I find it unfeasible that Andy attracts women, but just because it's not hugely interesting. An episode with Errol and the crazy sponsor in the same place would have been more fun, I think.

Agreed. For me, the supporting cast was one of the problems. The girl who is obsessed with him isn't great, and the girl playing the crazy ex is atrocious. Although I'm never a fan of sitcom episodes that are utter farce anyway, except when they're so good that I don't notice it. I'm sure there are new, funny spins on the juggling girlfriend trope, but Uncle didn't find one.

I'm still watching as well and loving it.
Maybe the reason some don't like it or get it is because this isn't their type of comedy... this is sort of a Dead Pan genre.
Dr. Sanchez writes"unrealistic", but yet again, this is comedy fiction.

Quote: Alphonseuss @ 16th February 2014, 1:35 AM GMT

I'm still watching as well and loving it.
Maybe the reason some don't like it or get it is because this isn't their type of comedy... this is sort of a Dead Pan genre.
Dr. Sanchez writes"unrealistic", but yet again, this is comedy fiction.

Fiction just means it's made up. Uncle is straight up comedy which has to have some grounding in reality otherwise it's jarring, well for me it is anyway :S

Very cool, hilarious and heart-warming series finale! Can't wait for Series 2. Yes, I'm a true fan.

Best line "I've used a sock as toilet paper... on [more] than one occasion".

Didn't watch the last episode tonight but will definitely catch up tomorrow. It has been a really refreshing excellent series and I'm over the moon a series 2 is on the way!

As soon as I saw it was Baby Cow I jumped at it - and wasn't disappointed at all. The musical bits could so easily have been terrible, but are great.

Is Kayvan going for a record for guest appearances?

I've just watched the final episode (after following the series) and loved it. Something I'd definitely continue to watch if they make a second season. I like Nick Helm as a comedian but this shows that he can act too. The whole cast was good, the relationships, although messed up, worked well and all in all, a good show

I've just discovered this on iPlayer (having previously ignored it because it's on BBC3); I'm three episodes in and I think it's great. Ep2 with the nerdy nephew and the rich kid's birthday party was especially good.

Uncle's returning in February. Can't wait for it, best sitcom of last year.

Quote: Maximusmaxston @ 28th January 2015, 2:20 PM GMT

Uncle's returning in February. Can't wait for it, best sitcom of last year.

That's great news - I'm really pleased. It makes me truly laugh, something I believed my poor miserable middle-aged soul was incapable of these days. I think the cast's great too and the boy - terrific. I think I've seen Nick Helm live at some point and yes, he's a right ranty so and so. I've never heard of the writer though and will go and check out his other work.

Just finished the series now, really great. I assume that Errol has Asperger Syndrome with OCD?