Uncle - Series 1 Page 2

Just watched this, it wasn't too bad actually. Not the best thing ever but certainly watchable, nice to see Nick Helm in a non shouty role.

I enjoyed this, mostly. The musical number felt a bit 'done' though as Matt Berry's Toast of London has recently used the same idea.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the songs, in this or Toast. Nick Helm's live act does revolve a lot around music so it's not surprising they put that in there I suppose, but doesn't really add anything for me.

I thought the second episode was very enjoyable.

And the song was integrated nicely this time.

Maybe a bit too Gervaise in places.

I could do without the song (then again, it's Nick Helm), but other than that two highly enjoyable episodes so far. My kind of comedy - can't really say why exactly or what it makes it worth watching for me. The little Shrek / Donkey commotion with the White Stripes song as a follow-up was nicely done.

When that dad finally got punched in the face it was so satisfying.

Errol is a tiny bit like a miniature David Mitchell, sometimes.

This show has been a real surprise to me. I'm not a massive fan of Nick Helm's work so far, he just seems to shout a lot to me, but this show and more importantly his performance has been wonderful so far.

Thought the second episode flowed a lot better.

The first episodes song kept putting Billy Joel's - We Didn't Start the Fire into my head... which I didn't like. But overall I like the music and the show's pretty good for such a sappy set up.

I didn't expect to enjoy this as much as I did. These days I automatically assume that if it's on BBC Three, it's terrible. Glad I didn't pass on this one.

Hands down this is will be one of the best of 2014 or it will even take the Best of 2014.
Just saw both episodes and will be tuned in to watch on Monday.

Scary... in some way Andy reminds me of yours truly.

Quote: JohnnyD @ 21st January 2014, 12:57 PM GMT

Maybe a bit too Gervaise in places.

The singer from Hebburn? I didn't notice much similarity, outside of the basic failed/failing musician thing.

Have to admit, not a bad comedy show at all. Funny and very watchable.

This show has been a real surprise to me. I watched the Pilot on accident and I end up waiting for the next one to air.

Very entertaining.

It's such a great show. Gets better every single week.