Jimmy Carr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpgVWqOPAF8

:D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0IP9gG-rng

Yes I think he's great. Planning to get his latest Stand-up DVD "Laughing and Joking" it's only £5 in my local supermarket.

Quote: G180e @ 27th January 2014, 8:46 PM GMT

Yes I think he's great. Planning to get his latest Stand-up DVD "Laughing and Joking" it's only £5 in my local supermarket.

That fact alone should tell you something.

I have been fortunate to see Jimmy Carr live and it was one of the best nights out I've ever had. Very funny man, although he does take his comedy very seriously.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 29th January 2014, 12:12 AM GMT

That fact alone should tell you something.

That he shops at a grocery store with a bargain bin?

How much the DVD costs really doesn't say anything about the quality of the content. I've laughed myself into apoplexy listening to Jimmy Carr's stuff and if I could get the DVD for five bucks I'd be all over it too.

And I would just like to say that it was hilarious and I would have happily paid full price for it! I have since bought all of his other live DVDs and added them to my collection.

Not many people have their own tax avoidance scheme.

I got the scripts of Dad's Army S5-9 from Poundland (hardback) last year. What does that tell you? It tells me that the publisher over produced for the full-price market, not that the item isn't worthy.

Jimmy Carr did a really good radio series about the development of stand-up a few years back. It's worth hearing for anyone who's interested in the subject.

Quote: beaky @ 12th April 2014, 4:30 PM BST

Not many people have their own tax avoidance scheme.

On the contrary too many people do.

I like Jimmy Carr in small doses. I've tried watching his DVDs and I find it hard going after half an hour. From what I remember, there's a lot of one liners whereas I prefer a few stories sprinkled throughout.

I find everything about him annoying, especially his pointed little nose.

Beaky is it?

8 Out Of 10 Cats is one of the funniest things on TV these days.

Anybody got Trading Standards number ?

Quote: beaky @ 14th April 2014, 8:40 PM BST

I find everything about him annoying, especially his pointed little nose.

And his amazing new teeth, and his annoying laugh, and ...............

His laugh reminds me of the backwards dwarf on Twin Peaks. :O

He's a great great gagsmith, he really takes the craft seriously, but I also haven't managed to watch a whole video without getting bored. The jokes are good, but there's nothing else - no connection, no narrative, no personality, not even any moral consensus to underpin it all.

I think you can learn an awful lot about writing jokes by watching Carr, but I don't find that this develops into actual laughs too often.