Monty Python Live Page 5

I think that really you have to have seen it without any preconceptions to really enjoy it.

That's the trouble when people "big-up" anything - TV shows, films, bands, singers.

When Python is funny it hilarious but personally I find it too much miss rather than hit. Some good moments, argument sketch and most of parrot sketch.

Some things are best however left as a fond memory. Eric Idle was on good form as was Michael Palin, John Cleese and in particular Terry Jones seemed to struggle a bit at times, although I do apprecate that they are in their 70s.

Ground breaking in its day no doubt and influenced many but sorry guys just did not do it for me. Glad I only watched it on telly, dread to think how much a ticket would have cost.

I watched the 'Behind The Scenes' show beforehand and sped through some of the interviews, however it was a good introduction. As for the performance itself I watched it along with my parents who were huge fans of Python when it first came out and they guffawed along; however I didn't so much. Yes, it was nice to see the remaining five come out of (semi) retirement and perform the old sketches for one (final?) time and Michael Palin's acting was superb, but it all seemed a bit flat for me. I couldn't really see the point in broadcasting it live before the watershed and bleeping loads of it - either delay it or don't bloody bother.

I do note, however, that this show is polarising opinion anyway. Major comedy fans will probably want to state that they attended it because of posterity. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I really don't think that the O2 is a great venue for comedy, I really don't.

I didn't attend it due to not wanting to be ripped off by the prices for a load of sketches I've seen countless times.

Below are the 2 new (Vagina and Bottom) verses for the classic "Penis Song", taken from screen captures of the live O2 performances/broadcasts. After watching the show, I looked everywhere online for the lyrics but wasn't able to find them. Consequently I thought I'd register and post it here. Does anybody know how to upload this info to wiki as I unfortunately don't have a clue?

It's fun to own your own vagina,
It's great to have your friendly thatch,
Your minge, your twat, your kitty cat,
Your nest, your nasty or your snatch,
It's great to have a monkey furrow,
Your finger pie, your lunch box or your catch,
Your camel toe, your bearded clam,
Your bottom at the front,
Your monkey minge,
Your Muffin,
Or your old Sir Berkley Hunt,
Your Honeypot
Your hairy friend
But never call it c**t
Or we won't come back

Isn't it awfully nice to own a bottom,
Isn't it frightfully good to have an arse,
It swell to own a tushy,
It's divine to have a scut,
From the skinniest little buttock,
To the world's largest butt,
Three Cheers for your posterior or anus,
Hooray for your lovely sit upon,
Your fundament, your fanny, your cheeky little dear,
Your rump, your haunch, your hams, your stern, your fanny or your rear,
But be careful how you handle it or you'll be caught I fear
And you won't come back

Quote: Found this spoon @ 26th July 2014, 1:06 AM BST

Below are the 2 new (Vagina and Bottom) verses for the classic "Penis Song", taken from screen captures of the live O2 performances/broadcasts. After watching the show, I looked everywhere online for the lyrics but wasn't able to find them. Consequently I thought I'd register and post it here. Does anybody know how to upload this info to wiki as I unfortunately don't have a clue?

It's fun to own your own vagina,
It's great to have your friendly thatch,
Your minge, your twat, your kitty cat,
Your nest, your nasty or your snatch,
It's great to have a monkey furrow,
Your finger pie, your lunch box or your catch,
Your camel toe, your bearded clam,
Your bottom at the front,
Your monkey minge,
Your Muffin,
Or your old Sir Berkley Hunt,
Your Honeypot
Your hairy friend
But never call it c**t
Or we won't come back

Isn't it awfully nice to own a bottom,
Isn't it frightfully good to have an arse,
It swell to own a tushy,
It's divine to have a scut,
From the skinniest little buttock,
To the world's largest butt,
Three Cheers for your posterior or anus,
Hooray for your lovely sit upon,
Your fundament, your fanny, your cheeky little dear,
Your rump, your haunch, your hams, your stern, your fanny or your rear,
But be careful how you handle it or you'll be caught I fear
And you won't come back

We're all excited by breaking up for the summer holidays are we?
The above rubbish is an unneeded extension of the most puerile sixth form crap usually coming from the most desperate Python, Idle, seeking attention as ever and irritating the shite out of everyone else. His Alan Whicker and Nudge Nudge character acting stuff was brilliant, but spoiled overall by his vain camera hogging and his solo songwriting which was more cringey than anything Victoria Woods managed! ALOTBSOL is embarrassingly awful once taken away from the context of the film, which he keeps wilfully doing.

Take Idle and the whole Spamalot Ltd juggernaut away and we'd have had a half decent Monty Python reunion, imo, at its driest best with Cleese at the helm instead of the garishly vain self promoting Idle.

Um - aren't they British?

Therefore Fanny should be moved from verse 3 to verse 2.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 26th July 2014, 3:13 PM BST

We're all excited by breaking up for the summer holidays are we?
The above rubbish is an unneeded extension of the most puerile sixth form crap usually coming from the most desperate Python, Idle, seeking attention as ever and irritating the shite out of everyone else. His Alan Whicker and Nudge Nudge character acting stuff was brilliant, but spoiled overall by his vain camera hogging and his solo songwriting which was more cringey than anything Victoria Woods managed! ALOTBSOL is embarrassingly awful once taken away from the context of the film, which he keeps wilfully doing.

Take Idle and the whole Spamalot Ltd juggernaut away and we'd have had a half decent Monty Python reunion, imo, at its driest best with Cleese at the helm instead of the garishly vain self promoting Idle.

The above is an un-needed opinion of a bitter fart who's definitely going to hate being called a Monkey Furrow.

That said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Even idiots apparently.

http://m.quickmeme.com/img/98/98eba3ecd699930f42a03a65363fafe856a71b1954f357b821f396b648ac38f3.jpg

Ooooh. Wonder who that really was.