Drifters Page 2

Yes, it's still funny four shows in. There were 2 shots of Bunny's camel toe to haunt me for the next week.

It's alright. no real laugh out loud moments for me. The 'aren't you cousins?' line was probably the best in the whole show...

Teary Blimey, hasn't the sitcom changed! Well, put in context of being 2013, on at 9.30, which quite honestly seems more like 11.30 now in terms of content being allowed, and on E4, it has its merits - jaunty, fun, bubbly etc. and the all important visual humour, although in this case more often visual shock humour. Demerits, confuses crudeness and shock effects for comedy, has very little sitcomminess about it (only saw one ep) the subplots are unbelievable, fling with old man really done for shock effect instead of pure comedy, the humour's a bit blunt to say the least, and because of the unrealistic storylines it seems more like a sketch show rather than a relatable sitcom.

So if it really is the best sitcom on at the mo then something has definitely gone wrong with the (concept of the) sitcom, it's lost its way, or has been put in the hands of brash imposters for sure. Entertaining yes, sitcommy, not in my book. There's merit in the spikey writing but she's definitely been watching far more sketch shows and stand up women shows than trad sitcoms. The true form of a sitcom she has not got or bothered with at all. But then I suppose nor did The Young Ones and that did okay.

I am really enjoying Drifters, it is very different and original and Jessica Knappett's writing is very good and all the actors in the show are good too. Very good comedy show, I would like to see more after this series.

When I saw the adverts for this I honestly thought it would be awful, but as I will give most shows a go I watched the first episode and boy was I impressed! Jessica Knappett really does know how to act funny, she uses her lanky frame to the best of its abilities to act awkward and it really works!

Asides from that the writing is good, the laughs are plenty and the awkwardness is always there which adds to the humour. Also read an interview with her and she was saying how this was based in her time between leaving uni and then launching her career - and I really can relate as I'm stuck in that zone now!

Quote: ashleybrownmedia @ 20th November 2013, 9:44 PM GMT

When I saw the adverts for this I honestly thought it would be awful, but as I will give most shows a go I watched the first episode and boy was I impressed! Jessica Knappett really does know how to act funny, she uses her lanky frame to the best of its abilities to act awkward and it really works!

Asides from that the writing is good, the laughs are plenty and the awkwardness is always there which adds to the humour. Also read an interview with her and she was saying how this was based in her time between leaving uni and then launching her career - and I really can relate as I'm stuck in that zone now!

Couldn't agree more, it truly is a very well crafted series, Episode 5 was also very funny and I have already penciled in the DVD release for Christmas!

I watched this. I thought it was great. Really funny moments and some crap bits.

It deserves a second series for sure. It took me a while in Episode 6 to realise it was Susannah Fielding playing Faye, who was also Chloe in Pete Vs Life. Pretty little lady. Not a bad series in all. Not much praise on here for it though.sod your grammar editing.at least iam supporting new english comedy and not writing here for only nasty or trolling purposes.looking forward to series two that's coming soon.iam buying the DVDs.support the artist etc.

Well, what a wonderful funny series. Jessica Knappett's creation and writing is second to none and I would love to see a second series of this, but maybe on Channel 4 so that more people get the chance to see this great show!

Ahhh tonecapone, I was scratching my head wondering who she was... knew I'd seen her before.

G180e what were the highlights for you? Personally I watched the series but couldn't really say I laughed very much at all. I felt the "what's the difference between a stripper and a burlesque dancer?" - "About 3 stone" was the funniest joke of the whole series... Despite the fact it's older than time.

It's watchable though.

Well, there was lots of highlights for me but of course it does depend on your comedy taste. I will be buying the DVD, let's put it that way.

Quote: G180e @ 29th November 2013, 6:31 PM GMT

Well, what a wonderful funny series. Jessica Knappett's creation and writing is second to none and I would love to see a second series of this, but maybe on Channel 4 so that more people get the chance to see this great show!

You must be related.

Acting is good, production good, writing is below average and nothing original. Have a little word with yourself please.

Quote: curtis patrick @ 1st December 2013, 1:48 AM GMT

You must be related.

Acting is good, production good, writing is below average and nothing original. Have a little word with yourself please.

Look, just because you don't like it, doesn't mean anybody else should. I am not related, I just really enjoyed the series as I found it rather funny.

It's good. I liked it, although I thought they fell a little short of potential.
My favourite moment was one by Nick Mohammed when he was talking to them at work, I can't remember what he said, but I LOL'd, ROFL'd and YELP'd.

Like with many other shows, it really gets going by the end of episode 6. In the US that means you're a quarter way through the series, here it means you're waiting another year for more. Thanks Basil.

I thought the funeral bloke was hiding her from another girl, but there was something about that scene that didn't quite add up. Maybe his flatmates think it's inappropriate to pull at his brother's funeral?

Just caught up with it two years after it was first broadcast. I watched all of S1 in one go and laughed quite a lot and rather enjoyed it. It reminded me of Pulling and the woman who played the Pharmacist in Ep2 portrayed Tanya.