Was It Something I Said?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/was_it_something_i_said/ I am looking forward to this. Are you?

I enjoyed the Charlie Higson vs David Mitchell debate in the press in the week leading up to it.
Will likely give Ep 1 a whirl if someone uploads it.

Looks good but it's on at such a ridiculous time!

There's been some good guests and funny moments, but the format gets in the way of the laughs and it's all too inconsequential to bother with, unless you just happen to need a light laugh when it's on. I certainly won't be seeking it out in the schedules or catching up on missed episodes online, that's for sure.

With panel shows, you need a strong format to stop it being an endless parade of people trying to be funny at each other, btu you also need this structure to seem unimposing and, if a question is asked, you have to sort of care about the answer, even if you don't care about the final score.

I don't think this one quite works, although it's an interesting topic; I suppose a successful panel game is actually incredibly hard to design.

I can't see this lasting very long - the format is pretty dull and the three regulars are very mismatched. All the excitement of Quote Unquote with the playful banter of The One Show.

Yeah, talk about mismatched regulars. Mickey and Richard have zero rapport... They have obviously gone for the posh vs. working class thing again like on Would I Lie To You between David and Lee Mack but it just doesn't work in this instance.

I rather enjoyed the first two episodes. I had that exact feeling of dull inconsequential-ness with the first few series of WILTY?, but not this.

A great series. Very witty and good fun. Looking forward to watch the rest of the series.

This is another thing I thought I'd like but didn't laugh at all (previous 'thing' was Toast of London). Is this how I will eventually realise I'm horribly depressed? Doesn't seem to be anything good on for me at the moment!

Quote: sglen @ October 25 2013, 8:55 PM BST

This is another thing I thought I'd like but didn't laugh at all (previous 'thing' was Toast of London). Is this how I will eventually realise I'm horribly depressed? Doesn't seem to be anything good on for me at the moment!

It's not just you, I've not been all that impressed by what's on right now.

Channel 4 should really give this a second series. Like they should have done with "A Short History of Everything Else" Micky Flanagan has not had a great deal of success when it comes to panel shows...

Love the show, and the hosts. some guests have been better than others. but the guest quote readers have been spot on. and what can you say about David Mitchell, clutch.

(heres a link, give the FB page a like) https://www.facebook.com/wisisbb4

Doesn't he do that awful thing on BBC1 with Gaby Logan? Think he only a guest appearance on A Short History of Everything, but that was truly dire.

He was a fish out of water on this show in any case.

I stopped watch after the first two. It wasn't unwatchable, just a bit meh.

It's got better.